Is Wally tool preffered for Graham 2.2?

I have a pal who asked me to post this question.I mentioned to him that I had heard that the Wally tools are superb,and that some have stated it was better than the supplied Graham stuff,for setting up the arm.I know some of you guys to be real "mavens" when it comes to the finer points of things analog(that's a compliment),so told him I'd go to the "source",and report back.

Also,I have heard it's tough to get in touch with Wally,and some dealers I know have had no success.How does one get the necessary Wally stuff?Also,do you feel there is a "real benefit" to using that stuff,over the supplied Graham set-up stuff?Thanks fellas!!

Best!
sirspeedy70680e509
Ask Bob Graham. The setup tools he supplies with his arm are the best I've ever used. I can't any aftermarket product being better but......??????????
I met Wally at RMAF and ordered my Wally Tractor and Skater from him there at his table. I also got one of his scales. I had been warned that he was slow and to stay on top of him by calling him, which is the best way to contact him. He always answered the phone when I called. He got my tools to me in a couple of months. I was disappointed in the Tractor, but it is a good tool (I actually use the HI-Fi News protractor now). The Skater is great though and was a big help.
I have a tractor for my JWM9, but much prefer the DB protractor.

The other tool I have is the VTA gauge, and I love it.
I agree with the above posts.

I sold my WallyTractor in favor of the much less expensive "Cart Align" tool. I preferred the "Cart Align" to both Wally and the Graham set up tools. The Cart Align uses the tracking force of the cartridge during alignment of the diamond, placing the overhang and azimuth at actual play conditions.

The Graham estimates that distance and is frequently off several thousandth's of an inch. The Wally takes this into consideration but is a different formula than "Cart Align."

Don't forget to take track force into consideration with all settings. As tracking force is increased or decreased, the VTL and overhang are altered as well. Sometimes this requires going back and forth a few times to get it perfect. For this reason I like the repeatable results of the Winds stylus force gauge ( the 1/100 th's gram). By presetting my cartridge to the weight I know will be near perfect, the other settings are close to perfect the first time you go through the setup.