What time do you wear?

What watch, if any, graces your wrist? Does time matter? You know: time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana. Either way.
khrys
i was an iron woker and wore it every day for ten years to see if it could take it,,, never a hitch except the clasp will slice you chopping wood or swing a golf club or hoisting sail at the regatte. what are you takinf=g about?, you got 18 years,, i know people that got 2 yrs ok? you think your experience defines every user? what did you do, wear yours to the opera to test its robust movement? i buy good stuff to use it. talk to a factory trained tech and see how often he recommends a tune up
This reminds me of a costumer of mine who wore his Breitling to the Symphony, and while applauding a pieces ending...broke the balance staff! Apparantly this model had smaller pivots in an attempt to raise amplitute.
Rolex has always been known for their sports oriented models and do have a unique engineering, not to mention the Oyster case design. As to swinging a golf club, I recall Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer always sporting Rolex Presidents. As for chopping wood,...well I dont see them being worn in the Lumberjack contests. All kidding aside, I think that severe shocks to the movement resulting from chopping wood could displace the oil from the jewel sinks. I believe Rolex recommends 5-7 years for an overhaul. Rolex turns away any watches with any generic parts fitted or any previously unauthorized serviced watches. Rolex or Rolex Authorized Service only.
when a watch says EXPLORER 2 on it and is touted as a progeny of a watch that was used[with others] to climb mt everst i am going to see if it works. severe shocks to my body hurt too. ha. but really i.m a typical human/male that goes camping, motorcycling/works for living and i,m not gonna take my watch off if i need to do something normal like build a campfire. if it breaks oh well i can fix that. i,ve broken bones but that didn,t stop me either. babying all this jewlery/ audio gear is too much. i try to be gentle with my child. thanks,,i do try to take care of lps however/ thanks
I agree.......the Rolex was/is geared toward the sportsman-woman with an active lifestyle. Actually, I've had a couple of "older" costumers whose Rolex's would stop occasionally as they weren't active enough! The Rolex automatic modules are not the most efficient, but it is rare when someone moves that little. I've heard suggestion to use the next lighter mainspring...not recommended by Rolex. Anyway, 007 Sean Connery, never took his off....well maybe in the sheets.....that automatic would be spinnin' !!
i framed a house all day just pounding nail with a heavy framing hammer. all day. and my explorer went exploring.. for time in another universe. got overwound i guess and ran hours fast for a day. took it off for a few days and ran perfect forever after. am i the only person to be sliced open by the clasp on a rolex? it laid me open about an inch long slice on top of underhand thumb. when i was young thought i was tough and never wore gloves. ha. live and learn.