Raven One

I was curious what the feedback has been on the baby Raven turntable. I can't afford the Raven AC. Does anyone know the cost? If the laws of diminishing returns apply, this should have great performance.

thanks for looking.
ducatirider
I just got my Raven One delivered, set up and expertly adjusted by Jeff at Highwater Sound.

Though my hi fi is a bit jury rigged now since my preamp is back at the manuf. for adjustment, I can easily hear the character of the table vs. my previous table.

Just off the bat after hearing a side or two, my impressions are that Instruments emerge from a nice dark background and launch with great energy and naturalness.

Cymbals are also much cleaner, and have a better body to them.

I can't imagine anyone not being happy with this table (I have the Phantom arm)

I also feel really lucky to have found such a committed analog dealer/set up guru that lives nearby.

I'll post more impressions soon, then after I get my preamp back. The Tron phono stage will complete the front end (I currently dont have enough gain from my phono stage) so then I'll really get to hear the music this table/arm is making.
HI Emailists

Congrats on the table. You will probably be listening a lot more now. When you get the Tron it will be a whole new experience again.

All the Tron stuff is amazing. Jeff at Highwater is the best dealer I have ever met period!

Paul
Emailists and Paul,

I am very glad that the TRON kit is getting more exposure on your side of the Atlantic. Graham's electronics are just amazing and I'm pleased that Jeff is showing them off so well in the US

Charlie
emailist, what was your previous table as a comparison point? my table is in transit from germany and should arrive next week (i'm in canada). i will be setting up myself. i'm starting with the cheaper vivid arm for now and will be getting a graham in the fall.
Hi Emailists. Congrats on your new new table, and welcome to the club:-) I have just got my AC, and rigth now, I'm rediscovering my record collection. Isn't the craftsmanship just amazing?

Theo