Why organ music

I have a nice ss - CD set up that satisfies me most of the time, but am re-tasting LP's. The one kind if music that always sounds much better to me on LP, even with my very modest LP system is organ music. I used to play organ myself. But I also play piano and can relish well recorded piano on CD. To me, organ on CD is very hard to listen to. Anyone have idea why I notice such a difference with organ versus other instruments?
128x128gammajo
Thank you all for your well-considered responses. I am definitely not overdriving the system which is 400 watt per and being played at moderate volume. I could be that my CD's of organ are fairly lousy. They are mostly from the very first years CD came out and I particularly dont like the Telarc ones. I will get a copy of Felix Hell's and try that. If anyone else has great CD's of Bach etc to recommend I love to recieve them.
Joe
joe, "Pomp and Pipes" Reference Recordings also has real good Organ music. Of course Felix Hells is good too. But I agree 100%.Organ music sounds (so everythings else, even electronic music) exceptional on Vinyl. Although with RR you will come close.
Early Telarc digital organ recordings sound quite bright to me as well, I don't think you're alone there. For Bach, I like the Christopher Herrick cycle on Hyperion, which is pretty well-recorded. The Hell recording is quite good, and the kid is a terrific organist, full of excitement. Be aware, though, that the recording is in a comparatively dry venue, won't sound like a recording in a great cathedral by any means. Much of the program for RR was also recorded on Felix's own label from a concert I attended at the Sacred Heart Basillica in Newark a few years ago, when Felix was 17--that's a pretty good facsimile of the Sacred Heart acoustic, worth picking up online.
Has anyone looked at the pictures of his room? It looks like a wonderful living space, but nearly the entire front wall is glass, the walls appear to be wood and there's a piano. The above comments about the high number of harmonics, both odd and even, present in organ music are a partial explanation, but I think it's more a room problem that has little to do with digital vs. analog or organ vs. non-organ music. As a test play a close miked solo violin recording. I suspect it too will sound bright and hard.
It's kind of strange to say - because I think I know what you mean and I agree with you to an extent -but I've found that organ music reveals the weakness in lp more than other genres. Sustained notes in the deep bass are the easiest way for me to hear the speed variabiliy in a turntable. Good 'tables are stable enough to sound mostly "spot on" speedwise to me...except on the deepest sustained organ tones. Anyone else notice this?

Marty