$3,500 for analog front end

I have $3,500 to spend to upgrade turntable (with arm), cartridge, and phono stage. What combinations have worked for you within this budget range? Listen to 70s rock, 80s pop, late 50s jazz, and classical. Feeds into an Audio Research VSi55 intergrated amp and Magnepan 1.6s. The TT is on loan but I own a NAD PP-2. Thanks for your thoughts, Scott.
srcatty
Rega P5 turntable w/ power supply - $1640, Boston Audio Mat1 platter mat - $199, Mapleshade Heavyfoot cones x 3 - $120, Grado Sonata cartridge - $500, Grado PH1 phono stage - $500, Mapleshade Clearview Excaliber Plus interconnect - $335, Acrotec armwire straight thru to male RCA upgrade - $150, total $3470.
I recently bought used:

Clearaudio Champion Level II - $1,700
Origin Live Encounter Arm - $1,000
Benz Micro M2 moving coil - $5,00
Pro-Ject Tube Box phono stage - $400

Subtotal - $3,600

Periphery (ring) clamp and center clamp - $500

I think it's great.

There's a Clearaudio Champ2 listed just today w/arm and cart.
You're going to get tons of ideas with most people recommending their own gear. So here's a more general approach:

Buy a used turntable and tonearm combination. No need to spend money on something new.

Buy a new cartridge. Buying used is a minefield.

Buy a used phono stage. Buying new is a waste of money.

Invest in a good record cleaning device. A manual machine is a good start and will save you money for above items.

If you're careful and shop smartly you will have a very nice analog front end for $3,500.

Have fun.