Phono Stage Question

I'm in need of a phonostage for my Clearaudio Champion table. I'm looking at the Phonomena and the PS Audio GCPH. Are these considered decent units or is there something else I should be looking at? I don't want to have to upgrade for quite a while and want to get something decent. I'll be upgrading the cartridge long before I consider upgrading the phonostage. Any comments or other suggestions?
spenceroo
MiniMax Phono and Clearaudio Champion is what I'm using.
More correctly, the Clearaudio Champion + Clearaudio Syncro
(speed controller) + Origin Live Silver Mk2 + ZYX R100 Yatra
and the Eastern Electric MiniMax Phono.

MiniMax Phono
You should be able to pick up a used MiniMax Phono in the price range which you are considering.
The cartridge is the Red one. It was recommended to me by Blackbird Audio in San Diego for my Champion Level II. Are any of the phonostages discussed here low gain models which would require me to crank the preamp with this cartridge?
Okay, the Red one is the Low Output - 0.4mV. The Phono stage should have a gain of 58dB +- a couple of dB for best results.

There are a bunch of good phono stages under $1000 that are useable, including the Trigon's, Musical Fidelity, Sutherland, PS Audio, etc.
Depending on other considerations such as preamp gain, preamp noise, phono stage noise, amplifier gain, speaker sensitivity and listening volume preferences, you might get away with 45 to 50db of phono stage gain. A typical mm phono stage gain would be 40 to 45db give or take so you'll be riding the edge with many and you'll want to check the specs, both gain and noise.