Running for Dummest question EVER

Is there (or could there be) such thing as High Definition Analog recordings and music reproduction, bear with me for a second, a process to engrave and read vinyl that would be in the nano tolerance. Forgive me if this is totally ridiculous but just curious to hear opinions.
beheme
half speed mastered is what you are looking for. The vinyl is cut at half speed so the sound are more accurate. Good luck finding one however, I do not think they make them anymore.
Philijolet
tks, this is part of what I was looking for...would there be such thing as a more precise cutting tool or cutting process that capture more subtle freq or volume changes of the recording? same for the reading, I know there are laser LPs, is this waht they are trying to do?

Yioryos:
Tks, send me an email to tell me who you are on CAM but no need to worry I am still there, just in a different suit!!!!
"good luck finding them" Ebay is awash in them (Mobile Fidelity Sound labs, Nautilus, Direct Disc labs, etc. half-speed mastered LPs). You'll pay more than in the early 80's however.
Do you mean even smaller than the less-than 400-700 nanometers already achieved by the average LP? Ultra-high resolution is already a fact of vinyl pressings, since the quoted figures are those of the wavelength of visible light, and the grooves on LPs are even smaller than this. A nanometer is one billionth of a meter, and a record pressing already lies in this domain of scale.

It is more a matter of compressed recordings and poor pressings, and of the quality of the playback equipment (which, with an open mind, need not be extravagantly expensive), than even tighter tolerances, which, being analogue, can be achieved without having to change the hardware.
Butsy, are you trying to say that LP playback is analogous to a B&W TV in quality?? And then you have the nerve to try to placate and assuage us with your second post? Further, I've HEARD systems with wide frequency response and no background noise and they sounded unrealistic and fatiquging. So, I think your point, has missed its mark.