Best Dock , DAC

Been wanting to upgrade the sound of my I-pod for use in the garage and at the lake . Just wondered if anyone can recommend a good Dock Dac ?
Since these are my second and third systems I don't want to go to crazy with the price , maybe around $1500.
tmsorosk
How much Volts does the Pure i20 put out through RCA? Wondering if it will work with my TVC.
Thanks!
Mil - It is standard analog 2-2.5 VRMS, just like most DACs.

The real question is what kind of drive does it have. Undoubtedly an op-amp output stage at fairly high output impedance. Not great for a TVC....

Steve N.
Empirical Audio
Well , I took the first step , I've had an Arcam I-dock running in the garage for the past 30 hours . It does have a SPDIF digital output so a decent DAC will likely be next . Although , from the onset the sound was quite good , tinkering with some higher end RCAs that had been lounging around in a box for far too long , I heard one that was a match made in audio heaven , a pair of Vandenhul's . My yap was agape for three or four songs . I can't recall hearing a component that was so changed by interconnect's .