Deep Cleaning Records With Steam?

It has happened again. Major tweak and record provider has available a steam cleaner made especially for records. Anybody try steam for cleaning lp’s? What were your results? Since a unit can be had for about $20 at Target, 15% of what the tweak provider is charging, is it worth a try?.
tiger
Another convert. After seeing this thread on top for months i had to give steaming a try. Went to Walgreens and got the Perfection steamer for 29.99. Used the long nozzle with the bent adapter. The only worthy water i had was from my Walker system. I had enough to clean 21 lps. I used my 16.5 with two mats, side one on both steam vac, apply cleaner scrub steam scrub vac, steam scrub with a different brush vac, steam one more time vac, flip remove mat and repeat. Put lp on a plate rack do another. Package in MFSL sleeve and ready for play.

From the lps i have played the improvement in clarity is very audible. I will need a better water source for less cash.

Crem1 many thanks for finding new ground in record cleaning. A step in the right direction for better sounding vinyl.
Gregm - Do consider adding a record cleaning machine to your process. KAB Electro Acoustics offers a manual "machine" the EV-1 that you use with your home vacuum cleaner. It is vry affordable (<$200). Sucking "gunk" out of the grooves after steaming should help eliminate what you are collecting on your stylus.
Gregm is you are interested in a EV-1 i have one for sale. If you would like it get in touch.
Do any of you have any sources for pure water. I have done some research on line and it seems that ultra pure h2o can be rather expensive. I went through a 16oz bottle of Walkers water for 21 lps.

Not trying to get to crazy with this but after searching water here on audiogon several have reported differences in there lp play back by what water they used to steam with.

After hearing several more of my steam cleaned lps its looking like starting with my favorites, all will have to be steamed. The clarity and absolute full sound i am hearing is startling. There is certainly no denying the audible improvements with steamed vinyl.

I say thanks again Crem 1