Best Cartridges for the Money You've Experienced

I'd like to ask those of you who have tried many a cartridge over the years to nominate ones that you feel are among the very best and are available today, new or used, at a substantially lower price than most of today's reference-level cartridges. Feel free to mention great cartridges from years past that still show up now and then on Audiogon.

I currently have a Koetsu Rosewood Signature mounted on an SME-5 arm. I'd like to go up from there in sound quality without having to rob a bank.
bolson
Dear Jimaxp: Well not so unique, that cartridge ( that is a great one ) is a MM type design ( moving iron ) and its design comes from the very similar B&O cartridges and in specific the MMC 1.

For a long time Sounsmith was the retip and refurbish " oficial " dealer of B&O very fine cartridges. They build similar B&O cartridges but with different cantilever material build.

The Voice is the top of the line ( and very special hand selected ) on the Soundsmith B&O type cartridges I never hear it but maybe I decide to buy one: Peter is a " fanatic " on it and love the music and the way " to make music " through cartridges.

Please if you can share with us your findings about.

I own some top original B&O cartridges and I already heard the Soundsmith ones ( two of them ) and all are really good. Take a look: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1200430667&read&3&4&

Regards and enjoy the music.

Raul.
Thanks much to everyone who's responded, and especially to Raul for the gold mine of information. Now to buy a few cartridges!
General Electric variable reluctance ($10 NEW price 1957, $25 USED price 2008, stylus still avaiable at Radio Shack for $10.)
If you set up your turntable properly, there is no "up" only a trading of differences at your stage. Go spend your money if you must - mail me a check while you're at it