Feickert analogue protractor....Owners impressions

I'm contemplating the purchase of this brand of protractor.

Over the years I have relied on a good friend to mount cartridges and set up the few tables that I have owned in the past.
Relying on someone else to do this was for good reason.

I would never make it as a watch maker or any other profession that requires a fine touch and skill with steady hands.
The time has come where I will have to do this totally on my own.

My question to you owners of the Feickert protractor is what is your experience with it regarding ease of use and accuracy compared to other protractors?

Secondly, the disk has strobe markings for speed set up, does the Feickert package come with a strobe light for the $250. selling price?

I asked these question of a dealer sent via a e-mail and have not received a reply as of yet.

Thank you for your replies.
stiltskin
Is WAM Engineering (Wally Tools) still in business?

For those that recommend the Wally Tractor, I paid Wally for a Wally Unviversal Tractor and a Wally Skater several months ago and never received them...
Now, I can't get Wally to answer my emails or phone calls...

Anyone else have the same experince with WAM Engineering (Wally)?
So Graham Engineering refined the Phantom and the target plate on the jig....
Sirspeedy I bet your ready to explode with excitement now that your system is back on line.

My experience was similar to Downunders use of the original Phantom jig, I also got it very close to spot on.

However the Mint proved my sight line using the jig was off.
Somewhere above in this thread I did mention the lack of a reference point mark/ cross hair for the stylus on the target plate of the Phantom jig.

Anyway it doesn't matter now, I'm in pig heaven.
Since I received my MintLP last week, I'll add my 2 cents to this discussion of the MintLP.
I was previously using Thom Makris' protractor (which is based on the same arc system as the MintLP). It turns out that, because of the much finer line of the MintLP, I discovered that I was slightly off at the null point, whereas it seemed right on the line with Thom's; likely because the line of his protractor is slightly larger than on the MintLP.
I don't have any experience with the Wally, but from my experience, comparing the MintLP with the Rega or other paper protractors (I've used a few if those in the past) is perhaps misleading, because the lines are quite a bit thicker than the MintLP.

On the point of the 10x loupe: it's very hard to use, specially if you don't have much clearance for the stylus (yes, with the Dynavector it must be quite easier, but with my Zyx Airy 3, it's tricky), but it's actually possible. It took me quite a long time to finally "see" the stylus/cantilever when doing the alignment, but it was so much more precise than the 5x magnifying glass. A bit nerve-racking too, because you have to get the loupe very close to the cartridge body...

And, yes it sounded better after all that work...
Cheers.
Jfd01 and others, If you have not all ready come across this post yet...

I would like to bring your attention to Stringreen's thread here in the analogue discussion section titled...Mint Tractor.

To anyone still interested,and an answer to the "Downunder one"(btw,don't count Federer out SO fast)!...

I communicated with Bob Graham on this exact subject yesterday.Basically to confirm what I felt I already knew....Since some of you guys definitely make me a bit insecure sometimes,with your "envelope pushing" approaches.

You're all "Fabulous Fanatics"(meant as a compliment).

He insisted(and I believe him)that the cantilever set-up jig is accurate to .001 inch(I hope that's good enough for most of us,but who knows with the Audiogoner hoy-pulloy crowd)and the 90 degree angled line(for cartridge overhang..."Downunder",which is marked ON the jig)is set for the Loefgren measurement.Of course one has to use the supplied "spindle adapter" for pivot to stylus distance,and align with the "holes" on top of the arm tube.Clearly stated in the instructions.

It could not be easier actually,and I now doubt I'll ever get the Wally,since it is being loaned to a friend,and I am totally confident in the Graham stuff.I've had enough waiting/fotzing around,and "need" to get "into" my music collection!

BUT DEFINITELY the Wally is fabulous for azimuth,and looks to RULE here!....ONLY(IMO)if you have good young eyes!Otherwise a good set of ears,and some familiar LP's will do fine -:)

Btw,thanks to those who sent me kind sentiments.....

Believe it or not,my pre/phono was delayed for one more week.My friend had the exact update done to his "same" unit,and got his about a month ago.He is going crazy,because he claims the V-Teflon cap,and Switch Mode Power Supply mods are a vast improvement over the original superb mod.

I'm SO worn out,that I have mixed feelings about the "fabulosity" of his sentiments....."Music Pleeeease'!

Next weekend is my BIG moment again!!

Hope the Barolo I've been saving for the "canned music celebration" is still good!

Best to all