2008 RMAF – – – all things analog.

I have two questions/comments on the 2008 RMAF below.

1) First thing…

Who’s Going?

I’m going for my second consecutive year. I enjoyed last year a great deal. I had wonderful discussions with analog types like Thom Mackris, Alvin Lloyd, Jeff Cantalono/Thomas Woschnik, and Frank Schroeder. I had time with my own LPs on all of their tables as well as quite a few others. I’m looking forward to this coming year as well.

If you are going to the 2008 RMAF, I’d like to know so I can meet some of you out in Denver.

2) Second thing…

Any suggested Table, Cartridge, Arms to pay particular attention to?

Again, If you are going to the 2008 RMAF, I’d like to know so I can meet some of you out in Denver.

Dre
dre_j
I always love RMAF, it's my favorite audio show. Lots of rooms this year sounded nice, overall better than typical CES showrooms.

The surprise came from Classic Audio's new field coil drivers. It was an amazing upgrade from last years RMAF, and I'm not really a horn speaker guy. I was also stunned by the Oswald Mills room, I fell in love with the rim drive Saskia table and slate plinth. Wish I could hear one in my own system.

Since I was doing photo coverage, I was literally running from room to room, just hoping to not leave anyone out. It would have been a lot more fun if I could have cruised around listening, like everyone else.

I had a great time at dinner with Mike Lavigne, Guido and David Stevens, we were supposed to go to a private showing at a manufacturers home after the show, but got lost driving around.

The Audiogon get together at the Mexican restaurant was a high point, meeting members face to face (we wore our Audiogon names on badges).

I always enjoy seeing manufacturers and designers that are friends, some that's I've known for 30 years or more.

Audiogon Arnie was there too, but was little more than a blur going by, he was capturing video which is more of a pain that stills.
Albert,

The Classic Audio and Oswald Rooms were special.
Your taste seems to be similar to mine. I know you are Koestu fan, so I really hope you get your hands on a Koetsu Coral Stone, as you have been thinking about. It really is special, and leagues above your former Koetsu Jade and PC1, IMHO.

Actually, I recently brought my front end equipment: Garrard 301 in Dobbins Plinth/SME V/Koetsu Coralstone/Doshi Phono over to Classic Audio Repducitons for a listen, two speakers sytems went up for sale after the 8 hour listening session, mine and my friend's who came with me. My front end took the sound heard at Rocky Mountain to a much higher level if you can believe that!!!! I think even John Wolf of Classic Audio would agree it is a very special listening session. The speed of the Field Coils and the textural layering of the Koestu Coralstone it was magic.

I am planning a trip soon to Oswald Mills to do the same listening session, before I buy my "lifetime" speaker. The finish line is in sight ; 0 )

David

David,
What model of Classis Audio Reproductions were you listening to? T1, or T3? And what is the difference?
Did you take your Shindo to them too?
Incidentally, I was looking at the same speakers to upgrade to, and I have Doshi MkI as well.
BTW, how much are T1 and T3? It's not clear from their website if the price is for a single speaker, or a pair.
Maril,

I listened to both T1 & T3.

T-1'S WITH FIELD COIL FRONT WOOFER, FIELD COIL MID RANGE, FIELD COIL SUPER TWEETER.

T-3'S WITH FIELD COIL WOOFER, MID AND SUPER TWEETER

The T-3's in their full Filed Coil Configuration have a lot of the Magic of the T'1. But the larger T1's with the newly designed Edgar horn is a smoother sound, and worth the price difference.

If you were at RMAF and heard the smaller T3's they did not have the Field Coil Woofer. Adding the the filed coil woofer to the T3 is a MUST. When we swapped out woofers between field coil and non field coil the difference was AMAZING.

Regarding pricing, these are modular designs determine your budget and build over time if necessary or buy the in the configuration heard at RMAF cost is $36,500.