Great sounding new vinyl

This was suggested by Sonojfim on a previous thread. I wanted to send a petition to the vinyl companies because so many bad sounding new LP's on the market. A more positive way would be for all of us to share a few titles of really good sounding new and reissue LP's with label info if possible...
jloveys
Hevac1,
I'm a little embarrassed to say that I have never learned how to create these links. I just looked up the post on audio asylum though and it's still there. You may have more luck if you click on vinyl to get to the vinyl asylum first, then in the "text to find" box enter "Hot Stampers Secrets Revealed". Rwwear, look up this information and then re-examine these good copies you've found accidently. I'm guessing most of them bear one or more of these initials/marks. If so, you should be able to use some of this information to help you start having these happy "accidents" more often.
are all records numberd how do you no your getting a good copy before the molds a getting wornout
You can't know for sure sure what you have until you clean it and play it but the information on the audio asylum thread can serve as a guide. None of it is a secret but the thread is a nice concise collection of useful information. For example, anything mastered at Sterling or Masterdisc by Robert Ludwig is worth checking out. But there are many others like KP(Ken Perry), LH(Lee Hulko), GK(Gilbert Kong). Discs mastered at Kendun(Mushroom's Dreamboat Annie for example)usually a good bet. I used to think The Eagles Long Run and The Guess Who's Greatest Vol 1 were good sounding discs until I found pristine copies that were flat sounding. Turns out the good ones I have bear the TML(M or S)stamp(The Mastering Lab)Same for James Taylor's JT. No guarantees, just other indicators along with early pressings, no barcodes and good condition. Look up the thread. It details more than I can.
I know about the markings but I bought many records before I found out about them.
Me too. That's the thing about this. You learn more as you go. Now I pass up a lot of the ones I would have bought before.