Best "dark side of the moon"

what is the best pressing of the Pink Floyd LP? I have seen some in the 300-500 dollar range... what is the best? and does it compare to the dvd/sacd version of the album?
craw13
02-25-09: Jeffreybowman2k
for some reason, it often is problematic to get up out of my seat mid-way through DSOTM to turn the LP over.

Agreed. I wake up from a snooze. Get up with a start, flipping the album cover off my lap and sending the seeds flying onto the persian carpet.

Takes a good half hour before I've collected all the seeds and I can turn the LP to side two.
so... what I am hearing is buy the MFSL a lot. It seems polarizing... people either say it's great or awful.
I would say that it is both, and this very much speaks to your point of reference. If you value very, very quiet surfaces, the MoFi or one of the Japanese pressings, is for you. Ditto dynamic range which is excellent. But some of us are not comfortable with the smiley face EQ that was added, boosted bass and treble. It does sound hi-fi and many will prefer that. In the end, as with most things audio, this is simply a matter of taste, and no one is wrong.........except for me, of course.
MFSL UHQR
Japanese Pro use
Early MFSL Straight letters
Early UK with Blue triangle
Japanese reg.
Later MFSL slant letters
30th anniversary
EMI 100 holland
IMHO
02-26-09: Hevac1
MFSL UHQR
Early MFSL Straight letters
Later MFSL slant letters

Pardon my ignorance, but how does one differentiate between these? I own an MFSL version. How would I identify it?