managable and affordable indoor FM antenna

I'm using one that NPR recommends (standard but heavy duty/flexible T-shape) and it works pretty well, but I'm hoping there is something better out there. I tried the GODAR without much success. Trying to pick up Baltimore stations better (I am in DC suburbs).

For me affordable means <$200

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
dgaylin
All -- thanks for your responses. Very helpful and confirms my experience.

Mapman, I'm trying to reach the lower end of the dial Baltimore stations: NPR, classical. 90.1 90.9 etc.

Lars, yes my antenna is the Craim FM Reflect. I may try putting it higher.

Jlupine, WAF issues will prevent trying your solution, but it is indeed clever.
For indoor use, I've had very good results with the Silver Ribbon from Magnum-Dynalab. It's a passive dipole but in a unique folded shape. You can adjust the height/width to fine-tune for stations at either the lower or upper end of the FM dial.

Relatively inexpensive and worth checking out.

-jz
This is Lars again. I put mine on the floor and move it around until whatever station I'm trying to tune is clear. Higher may not be the answer. Again, Lars
I wanted to resurrect this thread as I have been searching for an antenna solution that works as well. I've tried many antennas without any luck, including an outdoor antenna similar to this one which I tried on both of my tuners in a variety of indoor & outdoor locations without much success:

http://tinyurl.com/y4jrfn6

I also tried a Magnum Dynalab ST-2 whip antenna without much success-a lot of static and distant stations still would not come in clearly. My living room is a real problem as it is partially underground. After reading many posts on A'gon and elsewhere I finally decided to try a set of rabbit ears with an fine tuning adjustment knob like this one:

http://tinyurl.com/y2dnday

VIOLA!! I am suddenly getting crystal clear reception for the first time ever, and I'm able to get distant stations that I've only been able to pickup in my car before. The best part is that I found the above rabbit ears (identical in fact) on Ace Hardware's online outlet store for $10 a piece. This is the best $20 I've ever spent on my stereo systems!

BTW, no connection at all to the Ace site or antenna, I just wanted to share a solution to long time problem with fellow A'goners. I did try to buy the rabbit ears from the A'gon sellar however he or she does not respond to offers to buy, emails or phone messages any longer.