Verdier Upgrade Kit

Has anyone got the upgrade kit to the Verdier La Platine by Callas Audio from the Netherlands? I am very intrigued as it addresses the spindle of the TT.
ledoux
Yes, from the face of it the upgrade kit looks really 'generic' considering the price!

The callas site is also providing a new 'belt'. On this point I would like your opinion. I have now switched to the rubber belt originally provided by Verdier and stopped using the thread. But I have read that using the thread is the way to go!?

Charlie,
How is the built quality of the power supply? Any practical use issues we should know about? I have thought of upgarding the power supply and/or motor for a while. What made you go with the Brit kit as opposed to several of the US motors? Never able to make up my mind.
Ledoux,

I use the thread drive and not the supplied rubber belt. Apparently that's what is recommended by Verdier.

The build quality of Graham Tricker's battery PSU is excellent. He also makes TRON amplifiers (www.tron-electric.co.uk). All his kit is built superbly and all of it by him and no-one else.

If you look at his website here

http://www.gtaudio.com/forsale.html

you'll see his demo PV fo sale with his battery PSU and custom solid alloy motor housing. If you email or call him (+44 1895 833099), he might be prepared to sell you the PSU ± housing separately.

Charlie
I got the ball as an option with my Verdier, it is an expensive option now. I use the ball with the platter adjusted so it just touches the ball, I use a 4 pound Redpoint weight on the record. This is a noticable improvement. I have converted to battery operation with instructions from JC Verdier, he suggests splicing into the circuit just after the AC to DC converter, I use a 12V DC to DC converter to regulate the voltage from an automotive 12V power supply. These changes are inexpensive compared to the GT options. See pics in my system.
Ledoux, I am 'shaken' to read that even Herr Dr. Dertoman
is not well informed. The Callas 'kit' is available on
the German (...Audio-markt.de);audio-markt;Plattenspieler
Zubehor. Price 2.320 Euro.

Regards,
Nandric
As first upgrade anyone should throw away the poor original motor/motor control. I can't understand why someone is using a 5$ motor in a 12.000$ tt. I've replaced last week by a TW-Acustic Raven AC motor/motor control. The improvement is unbelievable and I'm sure thats still not the limit of this tt. Marco