New LP with pops + crackle, What is expected?

I just purchased two LP's from Acoustic Sounds. A original master recording of Verse by Patricia Barber (45 rpm). The other was Big whiskey by Dave Mathews Band (33 rpm).
Well Dave Mathews is perfectly quite while the other has occasional irritating background sounds. I do not want to be a difficult customer but I am inclined to return it. Recently I had to replace Pop Pop by Rickie Lee Jones because of similar defects. What level of imperfections are we expected to except with new vinyl issues? (p.s.) the store has never given me any troubles exchanging LP's in the past and will most likely not this time.

What does everyone think?
hamburg
I stopped buying "New" vinyl from the online stores. I will buy NOS online. Used vinyl played with a deep tracking cartridge/stylus works well for me.
Well if your going to get old records some had bad noise back in day.Wax was crap re-melt in 70's to save money and being a jazz guy you could count on a Blue Note from 50's or 60's sounding great even after you got surface lines but some like Roost came crappy out of factory noisy and maybe bubles.It's not like the Fed's maintained quality control.If it's pressing send it back media mail nand try again.Also get a vacuum cleaning machine and use good cleaner BEFORE first play as any grit or chemicals that are there in first place given the heat and pressure are welded in grooves.If I spend $50 on a new or old LP I go through elaborate cleaning procedure (use pre clean then run it through machine-lot's of threads here about "cleaning rituals")and then treat it with LAST preservative which keepo mthem for 40-100 plays befor eneeding re-treatment.But if it's in the pressing itself return it.Some of those $50 LP's might cost hundreds for a original in good condition so many factors go into it.Like a poet said "Oh seasons oh castles what's life without hassles?"Of course bitching to seller and getting them to eat shipp is worth a shot.
Cheers
Chazz
Try an anti-static gun as well as cleaning a new record, the Milty Zerostat is a must...... In my case I found most of the pops came from static.
I think that it's just part of the game. If you want quiet, get CDs. Too bad that we don't have something that combines the strengths of the two formats and has a large catalog as well. If you want to stick with LP, make sure that you clean them before playing to remove the mold release agents and any debris that is a side effect of the manufacturing process.
Viridian
I will buy the anti static gun and will try cleaning it on my Acoustat cleaner. But after all that should I except it with pops and crackles? This is a "master recording". What does that mean? Why did my much less expensive lp produce such a distortionless sound?