Rickie Lee Jones "Pop Pop"

Despite this album being one of the better recordings in my collection, I still find Rickie's voice on the track "I'll be seeing you" to be so irritating when she hits the higher notes. Is it just me or does her voice sound so irritating? Most other cuts are fine.
jimbojrjb
I have the ORG version and there is some distortion on "I'll Be Seeing You" at the start of the words ...morning.., ...park..., ...always... and...day... It sounds as if she moves slightly closer to the mike and loads it up or ( put proper terminology
here)
Samhar, that is exactly what I am hearing. I tried a cart change but it's still there.
Before my first response I re-checked alignment with Mint LP Best Tractor adjusted VTF, VTA and anti skate.
LOL! I bought this (CD) because I heard so much about it, but women talking baby talk is like scratching your finger nails on a blackboard to me. This is your problem, not the audio quality.

COULD NOT STAND IT!

Had to sell it ASAP. What pablum.

JK
You don't like loaded women? I played side 1 once and put it in the never play again/sell pile until this thread. The quality of the vinyl recording is good so I'll keep it as a tool for setting up cartridges and arms (I'll Be Seeing You) in particular. I can't imagine what this sounds like digital!