Best sounding new DAC under $2500?

I'm looking for a DAC ideally released in the last 6 months (since they get dated so fast) that is a best bank for the buck. If that happens to be a $1000 DAC instead of one for $2500 - great!

I've heard good things about a NAD and PSAudio DAC but not sure which model.
larrybou
I've heard some good things about the BMC (but never heard it myself).

Also check out the 2 new Cary Dacs. Both sound fantastic (and the 100 would be at your price point).

***Cary dealer disclaimer
I'd suggest the BMC PureDAC as well. I've been very happy with mine for about 4 months using Genesis 5.2 speakers which can be fatiguing with most DAC's I've owned. The BMC is so smooth, fatigue isn't a problem anymore. Mine replaced a PS Audio PWS Mk2.
Ml8764ag,
With all of the new "advances" in digital technology, it is so easy to be dazzled. Technically, the Audio Note DACs appear to be tired old dinosaurs, but the truth is in the sound.
J_fav, I see you went with Genesis speakers over Vapor Audio finally but picked up the BMC DAC from I'm guessing Ryan at Vapor? I think that was a smart choice :)
Those Revel Salon 2's you had prior to the Genesis 5.2's were pretty sweet too!
FWIW, I also like the BMC products and the sound from Audio Note is anything but old.
The Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 DSD SE with Femto grade clock is $2495. Has anyone heard anything about it?