Is There An "Absolute" Best Cartridge?

Dear friends: We can read through different threads/posts in this forum that people always want/ask to know for the " best " " audio item " that IMHO and till today does not exist in " absolute " meaning.
Well I already have and I'm " living " a unique experience that makes me to share with all of you what IMHO could be in Absolute terms " the best cartridge ever ".

Please read this Technics EPC-P100C-MK4 information that could help you for you can share with us your experiences/thoughts on the subject of this thread:
http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1200430667&openflup&1827&4#1827

Thank you in advance.
Regards and enjoy the music,
Raul.
Ag insider logo xs@2xrauliruegas
Awakening or confirming suspicions? This may help:

http://2012.tribe.net/thread/665d4741-7369-4780-9e98-1bc651423192
Dear Timeltel/Nandric: Unfortunately there is no Maxim's de Paris restaurant everywhere, so to know it and understand what I meaning you must to go ( till one year was here in México. ) to Europe, China or Hong Kong. I attend here in México and in Paris too.

Maxim's de Paris is not a restaurant it is IMHO " the best " example of what any one could desire in a " boutique " status restaurant that btw posses maybe the greatess wine cellar in the world.
It is not a restaurant for any one even if you can pay it. Itt is a restaurant to people that has the knowledge or accustom to.

Well, a long history short: if you are an expert on wines and ask for Mersault 98 of the Bouchard " house/orign " ( I don't know how to say it ) and you ask to taste it before drink it you just can't do it: only the Sommelier can and have that right in benefit of you and what you pay for that wine.

If you are not an expert and already order what you will eat that night and ask for a wine then the only question the Sommelier ask you is: how much money do you want to spend? and after that you will have your bottle of wine: with no choices for you.

In both cases you will absolutely satisfied with the Sommelier " job " and you will remember that night and when you leave Maxim's the first thought to your mind is: to choose your next time in Maxim's!!!!!

On the Sommelier " job " subject his target is only that you be totally ( no excuses. ) satisfied with his choice and you know what: you always be!

Nandric in audio of course that are " added " conditions that's why you " study and training " several years to be an audio Sommelier!

I can but I don't have the time to explain you step by step what any one needs ( whole conditions. ) to achieve that audio " Sommelier " status.

What if you meet ( for the first time ) a person that tell you he is an Ayurvedic Gurú? and you tell him that he can't be ( in this example you don't know nothing about Ayurveda. ) and you tell him this only because you don't know nothing about or because you don't have that kind of training or knoledge or simple because you never been interested on Ayurveda.

All those " feelings " can't say that that man is not what he is or that could not be!

Raul.
Raul, you are referring (maybe without knowing so...) to the Volunté Générale by J.-J. Rousseau. This gets automatic in opposition to the "Volonté de tous" of all the other audiophiles.
This is an old dilemma.
Even if we take you as the chief sommelier of analog audio's Maxim's de Paris (although I am pretty sure there will be a hell of a lot of other audiophiles volunteer for that position... ;-)....), there are always - after all is said and done - even in widely recognized outstanding vintages - different tastes among people.
Some can't stand subtle details in a bouquet that the next finds overwhelming in beauty and delight.
Accepting laws of nature (human here ....) does not mean to abandon the pursuit for perfection or the strive for progress.
And the individual recognition of a "Volonté Générale" in analog cartridge performance is not transferable to another person. Recognition in the sense of the words of this heroic phrase means abusing it.
This has been done to great sadness in politics in the past 2 centuries and our world was not changed for the better - but it filled the graveyards and corrupted our ethics.
There is always a "best" cartridge in the moment and for the individual listener's matrix.
There is always a "best" Claret (among other great but different wines) for the moment and the respective course of menu - there is no absolute best for ANY occasion.
Even Parker and Broadbent would agree on that.....
Raul,

Not sure if this is already covered but what capacitance loading are you using for the EPC-P100CMk4? I assume that resisitance loading is at 100Kohm?

Rgds
Dear Dertonarm: I remember now that you " touch " it from the school but no I was not thinking on that.

I start this thread with the Technics cartridge at " hand " because this was the audio item that IMHO deserve that " the best " status.

That the audio item in the thread is a cartridge is important ( like any other audio item. ) but not important to the " the best " subject.

This is the real thread subject: try to talk around " the best " figure like something that some of us can find and share with us.

IMHO the subjective/system-ears dependent argument is no consistent when you or any one else ( I already posted: there are some audio Sommeliers out there, including you. ) has the " training " for be an audio " Sommelier ".

Why is so difficult to accept " the best "? maybe because some of you are shy to say: " I'm an audio Sommelier? or because maybe you are an audio Sommelier but the other people does not believe in you? or maybe because you think you are when in reality you are not yet?

I see " the best " subject like a very important part in any human activity and always is difficult to find " the best " and define who has the capacity to discern what is " the best ".

Maybe the problem is that some of you are shy to by your self come here and say: I'm ( even if you don't have yet a " the best " audio item. ).

Gentlemans, does not exist yet in the audio high end or in this forum a " chiefs board " and a Chairman of the board that could be the persons that can give the audio Sommelier status to any one.
So, we have to start by our self and not because any one think we " are " but because in reality/honesty some of you has that kind of " training ".
This is the very first step to in a second step accept " the best ".

I'm not sure if this is the time to do it, if the audio high end and this and other forums already has the " audio mature " need it to give those " steps ".

Last but not least is that maybe because " Raul " is the proponent many of you not only can't accept it but even not want to discuss it.

Again, Gentlemans: the subject has nothing to do with who is the proponent or who start the thread. The importance of the whole subject is wide and deep and beyond any single person and what that person think. The subject is not about " Raul ", period.

Raul.