upgrade phono stage ?

As a given, I buy from an audio dealer who accepts trade ins, and I must work with what is available.
I am thinking of either upgrading my Bias 2 cartridge to an Elys 2, or upgrading my NAD PP2 to a Rega Phono. It seems that an improvement in phono stage could pull more from the Bias 2 cartridge, whereas the cartride upgrade might not be as beneficial with the same NAD PP2 phonostage ?
garn509
My PP2 had a presence peak. Assuming this is normal, I would upgrade that so you can hear what a better cart has to offer.

What's the budget for a phone stage? Personally not a big fan of Rega, but I don't think I have heard the Rega Phono.
Garn509, upgrade the PP2. If your budget is goodly, then grab something like the Sim Audio MOON 310LP this will get you thru to your next TT upgrade and possible into your third. The next step up could be a Lehmann Audio Black Cube or Dynavector P-75 mkII with your setup.

I had a PP2 and it's the bottom of the heap imo.

Good luck!
Upgrade yr phono to a Whest 20 or Graham Slee for MM. Both much better than Rega.

The Dyna P75 is special only if used in conjunction with Dyna carts. With other makes of cart, they sound very ordinary.