phono amp or not.

Decisions can be so hard sometimes. Soon I'll hopefully be getting a bonus from my work. I would like to spend some on improving my system. However there are two things I could do. But sadly I cannot do both. The two things I could do are:

1) Sell my speakers and by new speakers. This will hopefully improve my system overall. Meaning both my analog and digital sources will benefit from an speaker upgrade hopefully.

2) By a separate phono amp. This should hopefully improve my analogue source a lot. Since I don't like to keep upgrading I would like to do it right the first time and have a phono amp that will keep me happy for years to come.

But a new phono amp means I will also need to invest in some interlinks etc. Meaning this a phono amp might be more expensive then new speakers. However I can spend $100000 on speakers (not that I have that kind of money) but if my phono amp isn't up to par it might not be the best investment.

So what to do?

Also I live in Europe. So to get an idea what is available to me check audio-markt.de

Ps Can anyone share their experience with Blue Amp Surzur?
mordante
Speaker upgrade can be useful, when you go for a sensitive design (93dB+), you will get a more lively, much more effortless presentation with less resonance problems in the room. More important is the X-over, independent from the sensitivity from the chassis. Some can be a tough task for amps...

Phono Amp
Rolf Gmein (Symphonic Line) is a good Designer. A good Phono Stage is the key product for analog Reproduction. Each his own, but I always invested my most money in that stage, it is worth it. I used for a lot of years a Transistor unit from Stan Klyne (Model 7), not so common but he found some excellent solutions. Closed the gap between Transistor/Tube sound.
Good luck.
As always, it is on case by case basis, no universal solutions. However, I guarantee that if you replace your table with better Nottingham, SME, Simon Yorke etc. you will hear a difference even if you play them using a phono stage built in a boombox let alone your Symphonic Line.
Keep us posted.
I don't think I'll change my turntable now. I know the VPI arms are not the best. But for now it will have to do. Even a "simple" SME 309 is more expensive then what what I would get for my Scout if I were to sell it.

However has anyone compared a TW-Acustic Raven 0.5 to the Scout.

Maybe my idiosyncrasy but I realy like black TT, like the Michell Orbe SE, TW-Acustic Raven one/0.5, I dislike TT like Transrotor Fat Bob (to shiny) and Transrotor Leonardo (to plastic). I know it is not logical but since my audio system is highly visible in my living room.
Someone offered me a Whest PS.20 for €800. Maybe I'll try this one out and if I like what I hear I might buy it.
Keep what you have.....take the extra money and buy some good liquor. Sit down and listen to your music. Turn it up.