MM cartridge comparable to a Benz L2

Im thinking about going back to a MM design for a while. I had a Grado master 8 years ago and liked it especially in female voices and overall warmness. Went to a Ortofon Kont B then 5 years ago to the benz L2. I also had a Linn K9 MM 20 years ago and liked it. I really like the Benz but I love the difference in sounds that other cartridges make. Im looking for a MM under $200. I read a review on the AT 440 and did not like the brightness the reviewer heard. Also I read a review on the Shure M97XE and reviewer said it was dull. I have a Graham 2.2 tonearm and a Acoustech PH1-P phono preamp. I also want to see if by changing cartridges some hum might go away. I dont want to downgrade too much on sonic performance but maybe im asking too much out of a $200 MM cartridge. Is there a MM giant slayer out there who makes hi end MC manufacturers loose sleep? Thanks for all opinions and thoughts.
128x128blueranger
Yes, you're asking too much of a $200 MM cartridge. Why would you even look for a cheap cartridge to go with your esoteric equipment?-Your hum is probably a whole different issue.- Anyway, I can suggest that you look in the direction of the Soundsmith or CartridgeMan MM's.....but, not for $200.
Agree with Truman!! I recommend Ortofon 2M Black ($560) or the Clear Audio Virtuoso or Maestro Woods ($600 - $700). I own the CA Virtuoso -- it's still breaking in. Right now it's still a little bright, but smoothing out as it breaks in. Great detail and sound stage.
Audio Note IQ3 perhaps? But that's $1200 not $200. If you have friends or relatives in the UK, or go there, you can get it for less.
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?anlgcart&1304374253&/Empire-4000-D/I-Stereo-Cartrid
I don't have any suggestions except, I wonder if there are any newer high output moving coils out there that would work. That may help with your hum issue,whatever the cause is.Years back, a lot of people thought the Sumiko Blue Point(HO), was a bargain.The magazines thought it was a bargain too. I never had one in my good system, to give an opinion on it. I'm guessing those are dated now.