Sansui Turntable - Best one to own?

Which vintage Sansui Turntable is the one to own? I run a vintage system Sansui AU-999/TU-999 with a Cal Audio CL-10 right now...also have a Rega Mira3 Amp for new-ish rig...Saw a really beautiful Sansui TT here some months ago for sale and it is now haunting me...
plresults
Unless you are set on a one brand system you can do much better elsewhere. The Sansui is likely an OEM from another company and I don't remember any of them being that good.
Like most Japanese hi-fi manufacturers in the late 60s, 70s and 80s Sansui offered a variety of turntables at different price points targeting different classes of users. While most models were rebranded stuff, some of the higher-end units were either manufactured by Sansui of contract manufactured to their specs. I do not believe that Sansui ever manufactured a tonearm, but OEM'd from sources such as Arco and Jelco.

The Sansui SR-838 and SR-929 turntables are excellent performers, especially in their price range. These were probably the best Japanese turntables available in that period, excepting the high-end Luxman decks (300 & 400 series). I prefer the 838 unit - it's a simpler design, is more available and costs a lot less. If you can solder I suggest rewiring the tonearm with Cardas wire (costs less than $30); makes a big difference. More information here:

The Best of Sansui - Turntables
@Br3098: Thank you. I see pics of the SR-838 there. Quite beautiful. I think that is the one that was posted here for sale some months ago, but I did not pull the trigger. No pics of the SR-929 -- is it that rare or more expensive than the 838? What should I expect to pay for a minty example of each one today? Anything unusual in the design of either that makes them interesting or troublesome?

@stanwal: Indeed, part of the fun is keeping the Sansui brand design aesthetic together. I dig the look.