Help me pick a great phono cable

Good people of Audiogon:

I'm ready to buy a phono cable for my vinyl front end, and I'd like some suggestions. Budget is no more than $1000.00, but preferably on the lower side. So far, I've used only cheap / no-name interconnects for this application, and now I'd like to make some improvements by upgrading. It's a VPI turntable, and so has the standard RCA connections. I'm thus looking for a phono cable with RCA terminations. Moving in the direction of better resolution, detail, and soundstage would be ideal.

Full system is listed here and includes Dynavector XX2 MKII cartridge -> VPI JMW 10.5i > VPI Aries 2 Black Knight turntable > McIntosh C2300 preamplifier (using its MC phono stage).

Ideas? Suggestions? Thanks for any thoughts on the subject.
128x128goheelz
In all the years I had 2 Phonocables which survived all others I ever tried
(Kondo, PAD, Siltech ...), no coloration and a excellent high frequency area. The
2 below also have high quality connectors.

- Audioquest Leopard
- XLO Phono Signature

another good choice is the Graham IC-70.
I went through many highly regarded phono cables in my search, and I ended up with AQ Leopard (DIN to RCA though), so I recommend auditioning that one if you can.
Furutech AG12 and Silver Audio Silver Breeze are both very good performers and good values, with the former an especially good deal. The AG12 is the warmer of the two but still offers good balance and extension. The Silver Breeze is very balanced resolving without glare, though somewhat leaner. Both are quiet. The IC70 is also a fine cable (I've owned two of them) though I find to sound slightly more mechanical or less organic. My personal favorite is the Furutech Silver Arrows, which is quite a bit more expensive but can sometimes be found used for a bit more than your budget.
I tried the Hovland Groove Glide 2, the Cardas, and the Synergistic Research Tesla Magnetic Tricon at the same time in several listening sessions and and purchased the SR Tesla Magnetic Tricon. It is a wonderful phono Cable.