turntable isolation feet

Which isolation feet work better? Rubber, metal cone, ...?
Does it depend upon turntable styles -- belt drive, direct drive, idler wheel?

I've found many isolation feet made of rubber or metal under $20 in eBay. What would be your best pick for turntable isolation feet for under $50?

Thanks in advance.
128x128ihcho
Johnnyb53,

I too am interested in trying a maple block under my TT. Where did you find your northern maple block, and if you do not mind, what did you pay for it?
The Vibrapod Cones work very well with the points facing up. The addition of Vibrapods below the cones can help, but the results are variable. I use CD "coasters" between the base of the cones (or the Vibrapods) and the surface to provide the ability to adjust for level.

Make sure to use paper between any of the Vibrapod products and the surface against which they rest since the black material can interact with surface finishes.
Turntable sitting on 3 feet made up of a brass plumbing bushing ring sitting on a granite sample block. 2 at the back, 1 at the front. You could also place 3 of the rings under each block. Almost free and very effective.
Noromance (funny name)
Can you be more specific regarding the brass bushing rings you used. I searched but everything looks like a pipe fitting...