High quality AC turntable motor

I am looking for a high grade AC motor for my Townshend Elite Rock turntable.
The current motor is specified to run at 110v 250rpm. I reckon that it's got very little torque. I have considered the phillips and the premotec - but they appear to offer no real alternative so far as specs are concerned with what I have.

I have seen a couple of motors on the RS Online website by the likes of Berger, and Crouzet. The Crouzet motor intrigues due to it's high torque rating. my concern is whether or not it is noisy, and vibrates a lot.

Does anyone have experience with these motors? or does anyone have any suitable suggestions?

I intend to try out a few different power supplies on the deck at some point.
lohanimal
Palasr, I once wondered about modifying one of the early type PS Audio P300 power plants, such that one can attain a wider and continuous control over frequency. That plus a few other tricks might make it useable as a 2-phase controller. I think it already has an optional 2-phase output. (The waveform of the AC output can be adjusted.) In stock form, the frequency is only adjustable in discrete steps, up and down from 60Hz.
Some years back, I designed/built a little sine/cosine generator based on the B-B 4423 chip. Long discontinued but old stock can sometimes be found.

If interested, you can see the datasheet here: http://www.icmaster.com/PartDetails.aspx?Part=1440941204&InStock=False

Kal
Palasr, I'm sorry for not being clear. I can generate quadrature sinewaves, with the ability to vary the phase and amplitude of the waveforms. My question was, now that I have two waveforms and the ability to vary phase and amplitude, what is the procedure for finding the magic setting. Are you measuring the speed distortions of the platter as a result of some sort of systematic tweaking of the waveforms.
Don

Posted 11:53 AM 28-NOV-2012
Redglobe -

No kits ever again.

No point in doing a schematic, the drive uses a custom programmed chip and two custom made transformers.