Cable Costs Relative to System

Since making a spread sheet with my audio system prices, I have been thinking(shocked) about my total investment in cables. My total system retails at $67,000 (Digital and analog front ends included). I purchased all of it here on Audiogon so my investment is about 50%. Of that I have about 10% invested in interconnects and cables and another 10% in Power Cables (Shunyata Hydra included). That's $13,000 worth of wire. I'm starting to question whether it might be more effective to put some of this budget into acitve components. It would take forever to listen to all possible combinations, but would like to hear others experiences with relatively high end systems and cable selection. It would seem to me that the point of diminishing returns would be reached sooner with cables than with speakers and amps. Do most of you follow the 10% "rule" for cabling? How do PCs fit into this rule? Are there any super bargain cables capable of keeping up with highly resolving electronics?
metaphysics
I reiterate the 10% relation of cables to system is for those who are unsure of what to spend. For those who feel fully competent to decide for themselves like "Audiolabyrinth" the percentages have no meaning nor any relevance.
Folks able to decide the merits of cables and choose to spend far more are not beingdisparaged in any way. they are to be congratulated for finding their own way.

The basis for the 10% is when new folks, or folks not sure what is the best choice.. Well advise them 10% is a good place to be.

This it the way i describe it.

So when the sirens call and want you to spend $XXX on some cable and you are seriously not sure.. Think of the 10% rule. And balance it out.

But if you are confident spending $2000 for a powercord for your $850 electronics is 'RIGHT' then do not worry about rules.
Thankyou Elizabeth, I have to say, I agree with your post 100%, I would never do what I have, not being sure!, makes very good sence to me, I admit, being sure with many other cable brands would be very hard to imagine, you really need to know the brand and models inside and out to make a exspensive decision, It took me years to learn all that I know about the brand I use. cheers.
You owned a good system should have a good OEM cable. You can spend lots of your life and money tweaking your system to get the tightest bass, the smoothest mids, the clearest treble, the largest and deepest soundstage but still get no MUSIC? (unless it's the SOUND you are chasing).
I've been through it all. MY Most expensive cable level was Transparent Reference w/MM2. I now use all Discovery Essence. Funny thing is I read an honest accounting on the net today of an experiment performed by a noted audiophile with one of the most elaborate rooms and systems ever assembled. They compared his Transparent Opus cables to run of the mill Monster cable in a series of blind tests. The best the owner could do was 50/50 in concluding which cables he was listening to in 7 different tests. Pretty telling I think.
I really think this is an obsolete thread. I well remember giving little or no consideration to cabling, isolation, ac filtering, racks, or how clean the records were. I also remember having about $2000 in my entire system, including my expensive ($150) London Decca cartridge. Last night I was thrilled listening to my $1790 USB dac with a $13,575 power cord and a $10,900 ics to my $31,000 line state to my $4500 amp and $40,300 speakers with everything on $450 @ platforms.

I think there now are no rules of thumb to guide buyers of audio gear. I think also that my sound today makes that in the past unlistenable.