Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi
Hi Sead

Methinks you are right about it being mellower - but that is not what I heard initially. I have kept quiet while waiting for the break-in to occur. After break-in, the sound of the system was very laid-back using the multiple runs, and failed to get the attack of notes right. Possibly the bass flowed and breathed a bit better, but overall the single run is better.
Bwhite, I will draw a comparison between NBS Statement and OTA for you, but, because of recent changes in my mains, and an entirely new phono stage still breaking in, my observations might only have the value of a "fait divers." These two cables are as different as Evian mineral water and a high-voltage battery. I opt for NBS when I want a "fluid" cable that spreads itself over the signal, and will espouse, not explicate the musical reality. I opt for OTA when I want a "crystalline" cable that can waken me to rhythmic inter-relations, from the bottom to the top of the instrumentation. NBS has its grand accents, but ultimately, compared to OTA, it seems to withdraw from certain risks, dangers, annd even depths; OTA has fervor, allows the listener to experience the fascination of the extremes, and can be dynamite. It can reveal impurities in the recording, and all that makes it curious, but, with its superb timing and speed, it can also teach alot about rhythmic inter-relations (as I already said) even in cases where the interpreter was not able to make these most clear in the performance. I used to think that NBS Statement was the greatest of cables; it reaches so far, gives the musicians so much room to play in, and relays so many subtle distinctions, that the cable swallows me up every time I listen with it. OTA sets me free: it makes me able to understand the music, to diagnose the deliriums which have produced it, to dream of imitating them and exaggerating them myself (I am a musician, you should know). NBS gives a great vision, but OTA is a stimulant. I would say that it sets liseners (and esp. musicians) free from an innate paralysis inherent to the seduction techniques of high-end audio. Sure, there is a juggling act in OTA at times, it makes one think of an acrobat, I love its clown-show at times, but its vitality also derives from an inner tension that it is able to project outward. (Note: For all of the stress I have laid on OTA as a cognitive instrument, please do not mistake this as meaning that the cable is "analytic" in the pejorative sense of that word. This cable also creates a deep, visceral involvement. And, do not think that I have itemized argzuments against NBS, favorable to OTA; the value of both of these cables seems to me to emerge intact. Yes, through its price, OTA does have the ability to call the price of Statement into question. But it is not a situation where, if you cannot afford NBS Statement, you need merely buy OTA, at 1/10th the price or less, because these cables have two completely different characters.)
With your permission, I want to send your comparison review of NBS and Sakura to the Absolute Sound magazine.

As far as Sakura cable, I tried it as speaker cables, and it replaced my Bearlabs Silver Thunder sp cables (although it is a great cable, but not as alive sounding compare to Sakura). But, Sakura as interconnect cables, it could not replace my Bearlabs Silver Lightning. As an interconnect, Sakura became little bit thin, and threadbare sounding.

Even, I cannot use all connected with Bearlabs Silver Lightning ic (the system still sounds little bit thin sounding), so I also use Lindsey Geyer ic with Bearlabs ic, and Sakura speaker cable. Now, my system sounds detail, fast, organic, neutral, sound comes from blacker background, it feels like real musicians playing in my room.

After all, sytem matching is the name of the game in the hi-end. I am done with searching cables (trying to find the right cables since, 1988), and thanks to everyone here in audiogon, other web sites and mags.
Manzoor, thanks for the compliment, and permissions granted; perhaps send the whole "OTA cable kit" thread to TAS.
I have another question, but first... Slawney! Outstanding review/comparison! It was very much appreciated! You are a poet!

Now for the question:

How long does it take to break this stuff in?

From reading through the posts above, it seems that Redkiwi has been experiencing changes in the sound of this cable since June 2001 - we all know it's nearly November. So when does it end?