Sakura Systems OTA Cable Kit

Has anyone tried this "minimalist" cable kit? After receiving a recommendation from someone with similar musical values to myself, and whose ears I trust, I could not resist ordering one. I will report on how they sound in a few weeks, but am interested in others' opinions too.

For those that have not heard about them look at www.sakurasystems.com for an interesting read. The cable sounds as if it is very close to the specification of the conductors in Belden Cat5. So I may have spent around 100 times what the kit is worth. We shall see.

If you have not heard this cable, please don't bother posting your opinions of how it MUST sound here. Nor am I that interested in hearing how stupid I must be to order this kit - it's my money and you are free to make different decisions with yours. Sorry for this condition, but I am bored with those that have nothing positive to offer on this site, and post their opinions based on deductive logic rather than actual experience.
redkiwi
I recieved these cables from a person who had a 5w/ch. amp with Horn speaker's.He preferred DIY Ratshack Cables.I think that his low output from the amp might have been the reason why his system did not take to the Cable.

The cable works great in my system!Everything that i tried today sounded much better.I cannot see how people can say they cannot hear a difference in cables.It's baffleing to me. Maybe they just do not have sensitive equiptment.

I used a run for my Sub which at first did it not work.I the looked at the cable and found that they were not ringed through the small holes .After that I was able to use the cable on the sub.I then inspected the lines I used for the CDP ,but they still would not work.

If anyone knows of cables\IC's that I can use for my CDP that will not cost alot I would appreciate it.I am using a Phillips CDP and an ART DIO DAC that will be modified.

I guess I will try the Alph Core Digital IC that someone suggested unless it will not work with the ART DAC,The IC I need will go between the Ouputs on the DAC to the pre-amp.

TIA for the help!
Abex: If you have enough of the 47 Labs cable, terminate them with Eichmann Bullet Plugs-you'll be out about $30 for the Eichmann RCA's, and the combination has been quite good for me.
IS there a real noticable difference when using them and should that solve my CDP connector problem?
I will order a set to work with if I can find the vendor's addy again.I had saved it in my favorites.

I also am experimenting with PC's.Just generic stuff like Coleman,Carol, and American Cable to see weather there would be a difference in sound with my system.

Thanks for the tip I had forgot all about them.
Abex: I can't honestly say whether there's a difference because I've never used the 47 Labs RCA's. But if you've been using any normal RCA terminated IC and they've been working, it may simply be, as Ken Lyon stated above, a compatability issue between the 47 Lab RCA's and the female RCA's on your CD player. For what it's worth, I sold a set of fairly expensive ic's to use the Bullet Plug terminated 47 Labs. I also used a cheaper RCA on the 47 Labs, and the Bullet Plugs are audibly superior.
Do not know why it is I can get these connectors to work sometimes and then other times I cannot.It's like a hit or moss thing.I tried making a few sets with the example plugs as my guide.At one point I had one channel going for the CDP then I could not get them to work .

Anyways I wrote to a dealer to order some Eichmann's.I am sure they will provide the right contact.I do think the Plastic Connectors are kinda chezzey!I also think what they are asking for them is outrageous,but I did not get the kit new and I got it for below 1/2 price so I'm not gonna bitch about it.The guy that sold the kit to me was almost ready to pay 47labs a visit it seemed.He was glad to get rid of it.

I am waiting for a response back from the supplier.Thx!