Is the JPS DIGITAL cable as good on CD as reviewed

Any thoughts as to the merits of the JPS DIGITAL cable on a good CD player as compared to others.Thanks.
sirspeedy70680e509
As discussed over at AA, this is at least very similar to a production Eupen power cord that can be purchased in small quantities directly from Eupen's US distributor. There is some controversy as to whether or not it is a stock Eupen model or if JPS has them built to slightly different spec's. Most that have tried both have found that if there is a difference in performance, that the difference is so small as to be negligible. Sean
>
Greetings Speedy:
The JPS Digital AC is highly recommended & comparatively inexpensive, so the cost-effectiveness factor is high. Many users have reported highly satisfactory results using this cord on their digital equipment. I have one among my large-ish collection of cords and in fact it's been in use for several years (on my EAD U2000 cdp). I have tried many other cords on that player but eventually I've always reverted to the JPS. As cheap as they are, why even bother to try mimicking a proven formula, with questionable results. Filtration isn't the only thing responsible; their aluminum conductor approach reportedly factors as well.
Hi, I use the Eupen OEM cord. No difference between it and the JPS labelled one. The Eupen model no. is in an answer in my system description. In general, a valuable, fairly neutral upgrade. It wont tune the sound print of your player to be more lean or have more bass.
I had a JPS Digital AC, purchased for use with my Levinson DAC. I found that it definitely had a "quieting" effect on digital. Too much of an effect, in fact. It crushed dynamics and made everything sound slow.

If this is the effect you're after, you can reproduce it yourself using a standard power cord and a ferrite core.

BTW, after reading about the alleged off-the-shelf origin of the JPS cord, I looked underneath the Techflex wrapping on my own JPS cord and verified for myself that it is indeed a repackaged OEM cord from Eupen.