Gabriel Gold IC's are they really this good?

Hi-
Any one else out there using these Gabriel Gold IC's?
I need to know if it is me or if anyone else finds them as good as me.
I bought a pair on auction a while back and compared them to my Stealth cables.
After about a week of going back and forth I found the Gabriel Golds to have bettered my Stealths and bought more.
Is it me?
Just wondering what some other folks who bought them think of them.
Thanks for the input.
bobf
From what I've read here the Gabriels seem to be a great match with the Ayon so you got that down Budburma.
I have never heard a stock 6H30 sound better than the DR
version.The difference was obvious when I upgraded to DR NOS tubes in my BAT.
I have the same info, Bobf. Trading out the tubes is a pretty tedious task that requires a lot of care.....I did it but may have dislodged one of the caps on one of the boards....I'll have to get it checked out before I can give it a listen. (Rats!)

Thanks, John. I'll have nore info in a month or so and a more definite forecast.....either 2 or 8 more months to go and I should be a-bloomin'.

The NOS DR's are all from '86 and well matched, so I think they'll be excellent, Darealjaydee. I believe that you are right and hope to find out for myself as soon as I can clear my booboo mentioned above.

Peace out and enjoy the tunes!
FYI-Gabriel Gold Extreme info regarding older cables.
The original Gabriel Gold Extreme had a silver/black jacket and is labeled Gabriel Gold on both ends of the cable.The revised version of the Extreme was labeled Extreme on one end of the cable and Gabriel Gold on the other.The outer jacket remained the same.
The latest Extreme MK 2 has an all black jacket and in my opinion is better than both previous Extreme versions.
I also think it sounds better than the original Revelation
Hope this info clears things up for members looking for used Gabriels on the market.
jd
Hi jd you are correct in your desription as I have tried or owned them all.
I also agree that the MK 2 Extreme and MK 2 Revelation are far superior to the originals .
That is not say that the original versions did not kick the crap out of my previous big rig cables and I enjoyed them.
Older Extremes for what I see them selling for are a steal and a half
It is simply the evolution of a great designer.
Evolution! that sounds like a good name for a GG cable?
bobf
A quick follow up on the CD2 with the NOS DR tubes. My oops in installing them was more of my own concern and less of a problem than my paranoia originally portrayed.

The player is now different animal, a pure joy. All the excessive energy is tamed and the microdynamics under control. Huge soundstage with a gentle and warm yet dynamic and detailed presentation. Hard to say 'reinvents your whole cd collection', but it is fun to relisten to things with it. The decays are now extended and I'm really not finding any deficits to my ear with the reproduction from this player. The DAC portion holds up the same high standard.....

Hopefully, I can get more out about it later next month. If anyone has any specific curiosities, shoot me a email.

Enjoy the tunes!