Purist or Kubala-which to buy for entire system

I am finally pretty darn happy with my system. It consists of Epiphany 12/12 speakers, modded Dodd 120's, and APL 3910, with latest Sound Applications Linestage. I have lots more eq, but, I am trying to simplify. I may end up using a Pre-amp, but I am not sure yet. I do have Dodd Reference Modded, and Modwright modded. Now, my quandry lays here. I am presently using Xindak gold 3 meter interconnects(1 amp on each stand, 8 feet apart). Speaker cable I am using bested Virtual Dynamic Revelation in my system, it is no name, as of yet, but the wire is used to seal Nuclear waste, and sounds amazing. My power cords are Purist Dominus on Sound Applications, Electragide Ultra Khan RR on APL, and stock on my amps.

I have an opportunity to get "a deal" on the latest Kubala Sosna Emotion, and/or Purist line of cables. For the price I can get it for, I cannot audition.

I would also appreciate opinions on whether I should put my amps together, and get longer speaker wire, or longer interconnects.

I have been told by Rick Schultz(VD)and others that the only real way to get the BEST synergy is using same brand cable thu-out system. I just dunno, and in commiting well over 5K to cables alone....I would like some assistance.

Thanks in advance, and best of luck in your journey

Steve
711smilin
According to Jim Aud at Purist, the cords are designed(voiced) to the different types of equipment used through out the World. The Japanese equipment is more upper range, midrange, the US equipment is more bass heavy.
It seems that like all Manufacturers, Purist is constantly improving the design. That is why the same version sometimes the cables may sound slightly different.
When the change is significant, then he makes a model change ie: A,B,C.
The only true way of knowing when buying used is to check the serial number with Purist or order the newest version.
08-12-06: Ozzy
According to Jim Aud at Purist, the cords are designed(voiced) to the different types of equipment used through out the World. The Japanese equipment is more upper range, midrange, the US equipment is more bass heavy.
I find that strategy odd because it presupposes that equipment made in Japan stays in Japan, and American or British made gear doesn't find its way into Japanese owners' systems...and vice-versa.
"According to Jim Aud at Purist, the cords are designed(voiced) to the different types of equipment used through out the World. The Japanese equipment is more upper range, midrange, the US equipment is more bass heavy."

I find this a rather odd way of thinking from a manufacturing point of view. These US made Purist cords, I believe, will be used in high end USA systems predominately. I can't imagine the majority of USA high end equipment being "voiced" to be bass heavy. If this is indeed the designer's reason when making his power cords, I might be a little reluctant to pursue this line.
I did not mean that the cords were designed (voiced) for bass heavy, just that equipment and preferenecs in sound seems to be different in different in other parts of the world. The cords are made for that variety of equipment.
I did not mean that the cords were designed (voiced) for bass heavy, just that equipment and preferenecs in sound seems to be different in different in other parts of the world. The cords are made for that variety of equipment.
I don't see the difference in these two statements...

If the cords are voiced for different types of equipment throughout the world, and if Japanese equipment emphasizes upper midrange (according to Purist Audio), and US gear emphasizes bass, then it follows that Purist cords manufactured for the US market would be designed to take into consideration the bass emphasis of US gear...just as the Purist cords for the Japanese market would be designed with consideration of the upper midgrange emphasized Japanese gear.