XLR-RCA adapters - which to choose?

I need an RCA male to XLR male adapter because my SACD player doesn't have balanced outputs and I don't want to reterminate my (expensive) Nirvana S-X Ltd interconnects! Does anyone have a view on who makes the best and/or best value adapters? I have been considering Purist Audio Design (expensive) and Cardas (less expensive). Is there much differnce between them and are ther others I should look at? Thanks
jabali_hunter
This Jensen solution requires an additional set of interconnects, yes? So,
it may be an excellent answer to the problem, but the total cost of the
solution is well beyond $200/channel.
We bought ours from member infinity_audio here on Audiogon.
Around $40, and they work great.
Tvad, you're right....it will require an additional set of interconnects. I hadn't thought about that.

This audio hobby is insane. There is no end to the madness.
IMO, Mitch4t, you can use some excellent quality adapters, properly configured, and you will never know the difference.

At the very least, the experiment will only cost you in the range of $50. It seems logical to start there.

However, if you are the type of person who wonders "what if I had only gone for the Full Monty", then buy the Jensens and second set of interconnects and don't look back.
Get the Cardas. I am using them on my own Nirvana S-X Ltds. for a similar problem, needing to turn a balanced cable into RCA. They are relatively inexpensive and I have not detected any sound coloration whatsoever. A simple solution.