Longer Power Cords Sound better?

In my quest for power cords, i have noticed that a longer cord say 6 or 8 feet tends to have a nicer sound in my system that the same models that are 3 or 4 feet.
Power cords i have found this to be true include Cerious Tech, Cardas, and VH Audio....anyone have an explanation?

AND by nicer sound I mean they tend to have a richer midrange, and a more coherent top to bottom presentation.
ie
I agree, that's exactly the reason why I have 100ft. Home Depot 12awg extension cords on all my equipment!
GT Audio claims their Absolute Power Cord comes in a standard 8 foot length because it sounds optimal, so cord length could have an affect on sound.

But, are we really going to get into evaluating the effect of power cord lengths on a system's sound? That is about the most anal retentive audio obsessing I have encountered.

:)
Might the length have something to do with whether or not the cord acts as an antenna for picking up RF? Anyway, I've got a limit to how much I obsess about things, and this one just isn't worth it to me.
well.....obsessing or not...if an 8 foot cord "DOES" the job better thana 5 foot....would it not be worth the extra $100 or so...considering that one could spend say $2000 on a pair of ICs that might give only 10% more performance than one's old ICs.....and some manufacturers and hobbyists believe the power cord makes the biggest difference and should be the first to be upgraded....as do I