need help breaking in speaker cables

i want to break in two pair of speaker cables. i could connect them to my stereo system, but i don't want to leave a tube amp on for over 100 hours at a time.

is there a device, other than the audio darma which can efficiently pass a signal through a speaker cable, without using a stereo system for this purpose ?
mrtennis
Experiencing the break in is part of the enjoyment. How else can you determine whether or not fully broken in cables sound "better" than before the process if you don't monitor the change. Have you never thought a component sounded worse after break in?
hi timrhu:

i never thought about the break in process as a source of enjoyment. i consider it a nuisance and inconvenience.

i'm interested in the long run, namely, how the stereo system sounds after the speaker cable has broken in.

i would like to accelerate the process of break in. i would prefer not running my tube amp any longer than possible.

in addition, since i am borrowing the cable, there is a limited amount of time i have to evaluate the speaker cable.
it is prudent to find a way to make an intelligent judgment sooner rather than later.

yes, you have a point about break in. a component's performance may degrade after several hundred hours. i need to be able to get to the point where i can hear the true sound of the cable sooner rather than later.