TG SLVR Power cord; substitute or something better

i've been using some tg slvr powercords for quite sometime and been very pleased.

its now hard to find them since Bob Crump passed away.

Can someone here recommend a good all around powercord in the $500 price range ? hopefully something as good or better than the tg slvr ?

thanks for input guys
nolitan
Brian,

Thanks for the info on the connectors of the TG Silver. The silver-plating would probably be the reason that Tvad found the TG Silver to be bright and hashy.
I've spent the last year and a half listening to every AC connector and outlet out there, as well as having them cryo'd and listening again. I agree completely that the connectors are an integral part of the power cable, (and not just a marketing device.)
I was just wondering if perhaps instead of throwing the baby out with the bath water, that trying a different connector or two might get Nolitan where he wanted to go, and save him some money. Just trying to be helpful.
Tplavas, there are significant differences with various types of silver. Classifying it as bright and hashy may be accurate for some but certainly not for all, and in my experience it can reveal harshness elsewhere in the chain. By the same token, cryo treatment is no panacea and surely some designers eschew it - Bob Crump was one of them.
Brian
I own both TG audio SLVR and the Pure Note Paragon Enhanced power cords. Both are excellent. The Pure Note is a better in the highs and are available.

10-12-06: Essentialaudio
...there are significant differences with various types of silver. Classifying it as bright and hashy may be accurate for some but certainly not for all, and in my experience it can reveal harshness elsewhere in the chain.

Silver plating on the blades of power cord plugs reveals harshness elsewhere in the chain? What a load of nonsense.

Silver downstream on interconnects or speaker cables may reveal harsheness...or may be the cause of harshness, but silver plating on plugs reveals absolutely nothing downstream.