JADE AUDIO Cables

Hi

I ordered a pair of Jade Audio cables (Vermeil version, not the Golden one) from Audiogon member Jadem6, who offers a one month return guarantee.

I was wondering wether other Audiogon members already tried and/or bought these new DIY cables.

I read the review made by JD himself, but ofcourse I'm curious to hear the comment of buyers/users.

Thanks
mattheus
LOL

must be 'sonical' ...

BTW using a Gold cable definitievly moves you up the social ladder

misschien moet ik het in het Nederlands uitleggen?
I got a 1 m. pair of the Jade Vermeil RCA cables with no Bybees in about a week ago. I have to be in St. Paul for Christmas and plan on going by to hear the Vermeil compared with the Golds.

I have been amazed that one pair of interconnects can have such an impact on my sound. I have used them exclusively from my Esoteric X-01 Limited to the H-Cat. The top end, the soundstage, the dynamics, the bass, and overall the realism is fantastic.

I have had many fine cables, such as the Siltech G5s, the Vacuum Reference, the Cerious Technologies (which are the rest of my cabling), the Acapella, Kondo, Purist, etc., these are the best. What about the Golds and the Bybees? I hope to be able to tell soon.
Last night two audiofriends and I had one of our audio-evenings. We compared the Vermeil with my friend's Cardas Golden Reference (between North Star DAC and Sphinx amp). Result: the Cardas was 'blown away' in terms of tranparancy, stage, weight. My friend decided to sell his Cardas and to get the Vermeil.

My other friend evaluated the Vermeil between his newly Music First passive preamp and Manley Snappers (and compared it with a Siltech Classic-like silver cable). Result: same story as with the first friend. He will get an XLR Vermeil.

I know it sounds unbelievable and as if I'm hyping JD's cables, but altough my friends and I have totally different setups, we all liked the Vermeil more...

I bought the Gold with Bybees and hope to be able to compare it with the Vermeil next week.
Well, I went over to JD's today for a nice listening. I must say that the Jade cables are largely trial and error. There were many prototypes before he settled on the Vermeil and Gold. These are thus substantially indifferent to the simple axioms of cable design.

Both the Vermeil which I have already tried in my system and the Gold sounded excellent in JD's system. We started with the Vermeil on the link from the dac to the preamp and a gold from the preamp to the amp. It sounded very clean and dynamic. The bass was very well defined. Overall, I heard much of what I heard in my home.

Next JD substituted the Gold for the one Vermeil. There was cleanly more resolution to the Golds and perhaps a little more depth to the soundstage. The bass up to perhaps 350 Hz was not the equal to the Vermeil and it had the softness I associate with the Stealth Pure Gold Signal ics.

JD reality admits that he does not like silver, and I would readily admit that I do not like gold. I do not know from this demonstration whether all Vermeil would be as good or better than a mix, but I decided to go with a long pair of Vermeils to run from my preamp to my amp.

However, JD got to these cables, they are extraordinarilly good and JD is fun to talk with.