JADE AUDIO Cables

Hi

I ordered a pair of Jade Audio cables (Vermeil version, not the Golden one) from Audiogon member Jadem6, who offers a one month return guarantee.

I was wondering wether other Audiogon members already tried and/or bought these new DIY cables.

I read the review made by JD himself, but ofcourse I'm curious to hear the comment of buyers/users.

Thanks
mattheus
Hi John,

Any update yet on the 4 ft. vs. the 8 ft. run of Vermeil speaker cable? Would you say the 4 ft. run is burnt in yet?
One thing I noticed about the Vermeil interconnects was that their sonic character changed more for the better with burn in than any other interconnects I've ever heard (including the Solid Gold and the Hybrid). I've long been a proponant of cable burn in, but I've never heard it change the sound as much as it did with the Vermeil interconnects.

I've never had the opportunity to listen to a short run vs. a longer run of the exact same speaker cable. I do know some cable manufacturers won't sell lengths shorter than 6 ft. However, many manufacturers are only too happy to sell shorter lengths. Who's right?
JD, feel free to chime in here if you wish.

Cheers,
John
Hi John M.

I think John F. is still on vacation so we have not been able to test the four footer. I just hope it is not over cooked by now. I hope to hear from him in the coming days so we can get an answer.

BTW, I am offering to sell John's address for a reasonable fee. He has a lot of very nice stuff to borrow))) Oh and I doubt he will notice the 40 tubes I took last night.
Hmmm, I was wondering why the treble was a bit reduced lately. It's amazing what 40 tubes had been doing for me all that time. I'll just have to be content with the remaining 75 tubes in the system! And the room is a lot cooler now. But what's amazing is that I added an Oyaide R1 outlet last night, and a lot of the treble detail returned. So go ahead and keep the tubes as I don't need them anymore - I owe you for the broken lamp anyway.

And I am ready for phase 2 of the 4' vs. the 8' speaker cable test.