Ever hear a power cable make a huge difference?

I just had to share this. I went to synergistic research the other day to get some cables re-terminated. I saw some power cords on the floor and decided to ask about them. Ted, said they were all prototypes, would I like to listen. He brought me into the demo room and played some great music. He switched out the preamp power cord for one of the prototypes and man was it noticably better. Then, he left and came back into the room with a big smile on his face. He pulled a cable from the back that I swear was just recently built. He confirmed that no one had listened to it yet. He put the new power cable on the preamp and...................NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! It was unbelieveable what a difference I heard. I could not believe how much bigger the sound stage grew, better focus, detail, and faster tighter bass. I had him switch the PC in and out because I just could not believe what I heard. Then he said "lets make it better." He brought it to his Tesla machine and gave it a quantum tunneling. He put it back in the system and to my surprise it was un believably better then what I had just heard. It now made the whole system easily sound 3 times as good. I just could not believe my ears. Then I had to know, how much could I get this cable for. I would think at least $2000 if not $3000. Nope, this will probably go for $500. Well Ted, sign me up for a few of those bad boys.
brutusab
Yes. I was very,very impressed when I used one of MIT's top power cords with my ref level preamp; for which I already had excellent conditioning and isolation. Those last few feet can be an exceptionally worthwhile investment for those with a high quality system. Newbies or skeptics, please don't consider this a mere opinion-it's an essential truth- and one that may provide you "much" greater detail, dynamics and musicality from your present set up, enough to satisfy your upgrade bug(which I have found is usually stimulated by exactly the things a power cord can improve). By all means experiment at the very least.
I use the Fusion Audio cables as well, and folks, these are no Electraglides. I had EGs in my system, and without a ground connection, and with the subpar connectors, they caused havoc in my system. The Impulse and Enchanter have top notch build quality and parts, to go along with the excellent sonic qualities they bestow on some of my gear. I took advanatage of the 30 day audition policy, and after the Fusion bettered a Purist Dominus, VD Master and an Althias(sp?) to my ears, they are serious competition in this price range. Heavy discount? No, not really. Introductory pricing....absolutely and highly worth a try, imo!
A better comparison for price and performance would be to the Dream State power cord line. Even at full retail the Fusion Audio power cords are priced roughly half of the Dream State cords and in my opinion the Fusion cords are a more musical and neutral power cord than the Dream State.

Please enlighten us with the gear used to evaluate (compare) the Dream State with the Fusion. And which Dream State model was used for this evaluation? There is a middle-tier of Dream State models that are in line with the Fusion retail pricing.

What do you mean by musical? Please describe details not simply brush strokes.

And how can you conclude one cable is more neutral than the other? The minute someone claims neutrality, all sorts of sirens go off. Perhaps the Fusion only counter-balances some tonality flaws (lack of tonal coherency) in your system? .... and the Dream State brings out such flaws? This is what many people regularly refer to as synergy but is often only one band-aid on top of another.

There's always much coverage about tonality and the over-used term, soundstage. How did the two power cables compare with dynamic contrasts, low-level detail, piano decays and harmonic overtones, clarity of percussion, cymbals, etc?

As for Electraglide Epiphany (X) cables, I have a few of these and they work very well on solid-state digital gear and surprisingly well on the SoundLabs speakers. But they are totally incompatible with PLCs, tubed DACs, preamps and amps made by Manley, Aesthetix, CAT. With such components the lower half of the frequency spectrum is dramatically diminished. For $300-500, they are now a pretty good value in their limited use .... but their original claimed retail price of $6000-7000 was laughable.
Jafox,
So as not to ruffle feathers and go through the flames of what is or isn't neutrality( imo, the lack of colorations added to the recorded event) in my system, I will say that I like the Fusion Audio cords in my system. You might not. Do the Fusion Audio cords represent a major value to the consumer? I believe so. All the superlatives you mentioned, plus some, are very descriptive of the Fusion Audio power cords. I currently have the Predator model on my VAC Monoblocs and the Impulse model on my Audio Horizons TP 2.0n tube preamp. By the way, I will open a door a little for some flames and say that I am one of a few people who has tried all the Oyaide and Acrolink power connectors and didn't care for their sound. To my ears they color the sound with a signature that leaves a permanent glaze over the overall picture. It is this signature that didn't appeal to my ears. But then some people could like that added coloration and it might be the right "seasoning" their your system. YMMV. Try it, you'll like it...
Regarding Power cords anda big heads up here; I rhink many power cords do what they promise especially Kimber Kable, SHunyata and i was introduced to Electra Glide by its designer Scott Hall or William Scott Hall, h ewas coming out of trouble (of a personal nature) so I tried helping him with a medium size order which deliver without a problem back a few months ago, trying to introduce his cables in the LAtin American MArklets where ELectraGlide is practically unknown, so when I came back and placed a second order with him pro a pir of cables only he took my money and not delivered but also not answering my calls nro e-mails.
It just smeels like fraud form where I stand right now.

Just a warning for nobody else gets hurt doing business with this Gentleman.

Over and above that I like the Kimber PK10 silver on soem systems and teh Gold on other systems.
For tube amplifiers or preaamps definetely the Kimber PK10 SIlver is the way to go.

Too bad ELectra Glide OWner decided to mud his own name with fraud otehrwise would have been another choice to haev along with KImber, SHunyata and otehr fine products.

God Bless;