cable doubter no more

i was once one that thought high end cables were just a waste of money. i upgraded my system and purchased all ps audio cables. these were replacing signal cables, i heard a clear improvment. i was satisfied, and believed my currant componenets were as good as it would get with them. i then went to the R.M.A.F. and lusted after all the great sounding gear. but my ears were bigger than my wallet. but after finding some good deals on some dh labs revelations, and a set of analysis plus blackovals, my system has been transformed. im talking a good 20% by 2 sets of interconnects and a set of speaker cables. im blown away by the improvement. to all you cable doubters out there sorry YOU ARE WRONG !! just wanted to get that out there , thanks for reading.
jrw40
Carlos269, Here is an example of what I am trying to get at.

The ARC Ref 3 preamp retails for $9995.

The BAT Rex preamp $20,000......

Both great preamps I am sure.

Would you say the BAT will sound twice as good as the ARC?
Or maybe only 5% better? Or maybe not at all?
Carlos269,

I think you position may be a bit extreme, but I do not disagree completely with your assertions regarding high end boutique equipment.

When my wife buys clothes in a boutique, they are not necessarily more functional than name brand stuff more commonly found.

They often do look nicer though, so there is some value there for some...but certainly not all.
Jae,
The transition of going from talking about cables to electronics is not as smooth. To answer your questions head on: Price alone is neither indicative of a component's performance (objectively) nor of its sound (subjectively)!

Zieman,
I beg to differ. Take a closer look. Name one component that is at the leading edge of technology in audio that is past my Digital Audio Denmark AX24? Name one component in my room that can be outperformed/outclassed by a component at Best Buy. You are getting into it with someone with advanced degrees not only in Physics but also in Electrical Engineering. I think that I know a thing or two about the state of electronics, both digital and analog circuit design, digital filters, cable transmission and electrical and acoustic prorogation theory. I will gladly submit my credentials up for scrutiny and you should do the same. Before you start questioning my contribution you better make sure you know what kind of tree it is that you are barking at!
Carlos, I would simply refer you to comments already posted about your collection.
11-13-08: Carlos269

The transition of going from talking about cables to electronics is not as smooth. To answer your questions head on: Price alone is neither indicative of a component's performance (objectively) nor of its sound (subjectively)!
Carlos,
Why can't we throw the same blanket over power cords and interconnects?