Little bit "forward" sound - what cables to avoid?

My system with Cary SLP-05 sounds great, but just a little bit "forward" to my taste. My PC and interconnects all are Wireworld, and I feel to explore all SLP-05 potential I need something better - I am thinking about Kubala-Sosna, Purist Audio, Nordost, Shunyata...
I know the choice of cables is system dependent, and matter of taste... But, is there a common opinion which cables are known for tendency to "forward" sound and I should avoid?
I do not have experience with cables and any help to narrow my choice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Boris.
128x128homosapien
I do not use stock tubes - Pope gives me a great, great improvement, but most signification result I got when replaced rectifier tube with metal base Philips Miniwatt, it was not just improvement, but brought my SLP-05 to the next level up.
I am not looking for something to tweak the system, I just want better cables which would not emphasize sight imperfection (I seems to me that vocal sounds too much to my face, but somebody might like it). In that sence I do not think Cardas is step up from my Wireworld.
Oh well, I guess there is no stright answer to my question, and I have to go thru long and costly process to try as many cables as I can.
Thank you very much anyway.
Boris.
You may not even have to change IC's or PC's to get what you want. You say you don't want tweaks. I don't know if you consider AC receptacles as tweaks, but these can make a large difference in soundstaging. I suspect a large portion of what you describe as forwardness is the effect of sound emanating forward of the speaker. Before spending lots of money on cables that may or may not work, try some Porter Port Ac Receptacles (I think $36). These are actually Wattgate 8300's that are double cryo'd by Arthur. Wattgate 350i and 330i PC connectors will also work similarly. The Wattgates will focus more of that midrange energy behind speaker rather than forward of speaker, I think this is what you're looking for.
Sorry, meant Hubbell 8300 rather than Wattgate. The Wattgate PC connectors are correct.
Are you using any sound treatments for the room? Diffuse the first reflection point on the side walls and see what happens. Also try different toe-in positions on your speakers and move seat forward or back some and see what happens.
OK... try tjhe lengthy and costly way first.... start at the A's and go from there....

or listen to those posts above about the cables listed here... MIT, CARDAS, AZ, SR, etc.

Good luck.