Gabriel Gold vs Marigo vs NBS

I got a pair of used GG Revelation 2 XLR ICs didn't sound remotely like what's being raved here. They sound way too warm. I lost details, soundstage, bass articulation, etc. The female vocal sounds burred. Everything just doesn't sound right compared to my NBS Master and Marigo Audio Labs 8.8.

Does GG requires very very long break-in, or something I missed?

My setup has Wadia (preamp) + Llano A200 (amp)/Kora Galaxy Ref(amp) + NBS Professional speaker cables + Granite Audio digital coax + Vienna Acoustics Mahler speakers.
bsimpson
I am with the Fox on this one. It is easy to fall for the hype and buy cables and even write poetically about them until you came to your senses and realize what a dumb ass you are.

I have made an ass of myself for raving about gear/wire only to find out I feel for the hype.

The Refection is a good cable but way to much $$$ for what you get.
Jafox. What cables did you replace the NBS Statements with? Thanks in advance.
Yoby: When my system was loaded with NBS Statement back in 2005, I very much liked the Kubala-Sosna Emotions but ultimately I went with the Purist Dominus throughout except for speaker cables, Purist Opus. The Purist cables had incredible dynamic contrasts, authority in the bass, and midrange bloom to die for. But the K-S were a bit more tonally coherent, greater clarity and extension on the top. At that time, I made a compromise to my own tastes.

A year later, based on a recommendation from a friend, I tried the Stealth M5000 and then the Dream PCs which quickly displaced the Dominus. These Stealth cables beat the Dominus in its own game, and at a cheaper cost! I played briefly with the Stealth Indra ICs which had the bloom of the Dominus but also the extension on the top like the K-S Emotion. But then Jade Audio came along and the Jade Hybrid ICs and speaker cable became my reference. I have since updated with the Jade Ref ICs made of SOLID gold and platinum core wires. This redefines clarity like nothing I have heard before....but at a price! I also replaced all Stealth Dream PCs with Dream State Dream Catcher PCs and one Veridical for the CD player and two Lucid for the SoundLab A1 speakers. The Dream State takes the dynamic contrasts up yet another level. All along, no cable that flattened the 3D of the music would ever be tolerated; and too many cables do just this.

The /Aria WV5/CAT JL-3/SoundLab A1/ system works well with the Dream State/Jade cable products. But Stealth is a great product line as well. Oh, I also discovered the Silent Source Signature and Reference ICs. These are outstanding in resolution! I use a pair here from the rebuilt Counterpoint SA-2 headamp to the WV5.
It is easy to fall for the hype and buy cables and even write poetically about them until you came to your senses and realize what a dumb ass you are.

I have made an ass of myself for raving about gear/wire only to find out I feel for the hype.

Amen brother.
I agree with Jafox. I also have the Jade Audio Hybrid and Reference ICs. These are special. J.D. has accomplished something that is rare.

The Dream State Epic Gold power cables did not work in my system, but the Jade Audio ICs have tremendous synergy with the NVS Sound power cables.