Gabriel Gold vs Marigo vs NBS

I got a pair of used GG Revelation 2 XLR ICs didn't sound remotely like what's being raved here. They sound way too warm. I lost details, soundstage, bass articulation, etc. The female vocal sounds burred. Everything just doesn't sound right compared to my NBS Master and Marigo Audio Labs 8.8.

Does GG requires very very long break-in, or something I missed?

My setup has Wadia (preamp) + Llano A200 (amp)/Kora Galaxy Ref(amp) + NBS Professional speaker cables + Granite Audio digital coax + Vienna Acoustics Mahler speakers.
bsimpson
Rtn1: Stunning system you have. Absolutely beautiful to see the match with the speakers and rack. And great picture of Scott and Steve. I always enjoy getting together with JD and Scott to discuss our latest audio news. Much much fun.

And thank you for the report on the DS Epic Gold. It sounds very similar to my findings with the Lucid. I find the DS Dream Catchers and the JD Ref ICs to be that same magic that you described. Direct experimentation indeed. A lot of cables come and go until we find something that locks in like this.
Well this is not a dead thread yet I hope! So...even being disappointed by my experience with the Rev 2R, I heed the advice of some members here, and got an pair of Rapture to try again. I agree that they are correct. Rapture is significantly better and sounds like a real deal from Steve. Marigo is out the doors. NBS is on the bubble now, especially I also got some Kubaba-Sosna which seem to address some of the mid-bass imperfections found in NBS. It could be another month to see how Gabriel Gold fare against Kubala-Sosna, but both look like keepers!
Bsimpson, try Fusion Audio Romance 2. They replaced in my system Gabriel Gold Rapture R ICs.