Cardas Cold Forging

Has anyone tried the new Cardas option to have their speaker cable and connectors cold forged, making for a solid connection with no "connective" points with solder, etc. Sounds good in theory for line transmission, but can you hear any difference? If so what? I'm using Cardas Golden Reference.
pubul57
You really think 400 bucks to reterminate is reasonable?? That is highway robbery for a few spades.

"cold forging" has been done by numerous companies for some time. its nothing new.
Saves money. The idea of these terminals was to save the industry money, with these solderless terminals. It takes more time to solder, plus better silver solder costs more. The inside of most amps speaker wire will be soldered right behind the speaker terminal. Plus all of the terminations in the amps, preamps, and rest of the gear. This (adding solderless to soldered) might go against what is called synergy.
I would venture to say the only perfect solder connection would be made with pure silver or smelting both the conductor and connector material together. Either process would be expensive. But I still think cold forging is bs since is doesn't actually fuse the metal. Kinda need a little heat for that.
Have you heard them? If not, then you've no basis to make a value judgement. If you have, then you're welcome to your opinion.

03-31-11: Lenny_zwik
Have you heard them? If not, then you've no basis to make a value judgement. If you have, then you're welcome to your opinion.
Lenny_zwik (System | Threads | Answers | This Thread)
Anyone is entitled to an opinion about something like this. Maybe it's time for them to start proving what their product can do, since they're making the claims. Amplifier, speaker builders not only go by sound, they also give measurements. When someone reviews their products, they also give their own measurements, and opinions. I'm just speaking about a technology that's over seventy years old to my knowledge. In the medical, aerospace and other types of industry, the company has to prove what their product can do. And we also still can give an opinion of proven products. I did not say it will sound bad.
More to discover