Interconnects: solid or hollow core wire?

Which makes for better interconnects, all else being equal, single core or hollow core wire? Thin or thick gauge? Experience first, theory second!
pmboyd
After all...isn't a solid wire nothing but a large strand? So now I refer to my wire as having four strands, albeit large ones.
Rodge827: You say you went FROM Crimson to DNM. I assume because you prefer the DNM over the Crimson. If so, may I ask how the DNM is superior? Also, what is HFTN?
Devilboy, Here are a couple of copies to response's that I wrote about Crimson, and the HFTN on DNM IC's.

"A few years ago I did a demo of Crimson IC's and speaker wire in my system. At the time I was using soild core silver coated copper IC's made by Virtual Mode (no longer around due to the makers retirement). The V-Mode cables also had ferrite cores built into the source end to combat EMI and RFI. Speaker wire was Audio Consulting cryoed solid core silver wrapped in cotton tubing.
The Crimson speaker wire was sent first and immediatly replaced the Audio Consulting wire. The sound balanced out and was very pleasing. The IC's showed up a few weeks later, and were burned in using the Isotek burn in disc 24/7 for a week. Then I listened for another couple of weeks before comming up with my conclusion. With a complete Crimson compliment my system was a little too flat and boring. The cables took the life right out of the music. A little to overly polite for my taste, so back in went the V-Mode IC's and everything came back to life. The Crimson IC's went back to the dealer, but the Crimson speaker wire stayed for the next three years until I changed to a solid core wire that knocked my socks off. Please refer to your "Solid core/Hollow core" thread."

"Look into DNM IC's with the HFTN upgrade, 1m w/Eichmann plugs is $500.00. The High Frequency Termination Network or HFTN is designed to eliminate most if not all RFI on the line. Very hollographic and the closest to no cable at all, IMHO. You will get to hear all of what your upstream components can do."

You can read a more in depth description of the HFTN on the DNM websie.

Overall I preferred the DNM Cables to everything else that I had listened to. When I did the comparison, my system was close in style to a friend who has all Kondo wire in his. DNM delivered closest to what I was hearing in his big mega-buck horn system, which as it pains me to say is the best system that I (and many other testosterone driven masters of our own universe) have ever experienced. Look up 6Moons Road Tour Exit 1, you'll see what I mean, and his system is now way better since the review.

Crimson makes a very good cable, one that would be on the short list of recommendations. I'm not going to get into tonal quality, imaging, soundstage, highs, bass extension, etc. Since I feel that so much of these qualities come from the gear and room as well as the cabling. In my system DNM just sounded more to my liking. I recommend it so that someone else may like it also, and get off the cabling merry-go-round as I have.

Rodge

I really like the solid core sound. I have JW audio cryoed speaker cables and interconnects. The speaker cables are stunningly good and cost uner a hundred bucks; the IC's are very good and are acquiting themselves nicely in my refence system.
if the question were rephrased to "solid core vs stranded", perhaps, an old thread, if so, any references ??,

would one expect to see as many proponents of one approach vs the other, or can someone make a case for one or the other on objective grounds ?