Speaker Cable Recommendation

Hello,
I recently purchased a pair of JBL Line Array 1000 speakers. They will be driven by a MacIntosh MA6900 integrated. I listen mostly to classic rock, acoustic/electric blues, some jazz. Which cables (bi-wire) would do best?
Budget is about $500.00 maximum.
Thank you so much for your input.
charlot
I think the proper question is how do to the new contemplated cables (speaker / interconnect / power) actually sound and perform in YOUR system.

There are some cold hard facts that are unavoidable:
(1) different cables sound different with different gear. (2) There is no substitute for critically auditioning what works in your system and what does not.
(3) Blind brand testimonials on AGON and other forums are little more than personal value judgements with no reliance that that may improve YOUR system. There is no subsitute for personally auditioning (dealer/ loaner/ buddy swap)as to what works best in your kit.

This extends further to the time honoured axiom that some ICs work better with particular speaker cables and power cables' and vice versa.. Things can sound worse when you start to tinker.

Regrettably, one size does not fit all. A blind purchase is a wild guess and gamble at best with no measure of likelihood of success; and an expensive backward move at worse.

Good luck
Get a spool of Belkin speaker cable from Partsconnextion.It's OHNOPCC copper with 18 different sized solid core strands individually insulated.It's the same stuff the high end cable companies use,it's dirt cheap and unbelievably good.Use it for a reference as you audition other cables.I bought some for a place holder when I moved my speakers and needed a 14 ft. run and nothing else has beat it yet.
12-03-12: Jtcf
Get a spool of Belkin speaker cable from Partsconnextion.It's OHNOPCC copper with 18 different sized solid core strands individually insulated.

To find the website, it's spelled partsconnexion. And you won't find any Belkin products there. And when you do find current Belkin products, you'll find they haven't done OCC cable for at least four years, more like five. Currently Belkin doesn't even offer speaker cable on their website.

You may be able to find some NOS Belkin OCC cable on eBay, but that's about it. I bought some of the last of this speaker cable from Partsexpress in 2008 when it was on final closeout.

These days at a budget around $500 I'd call the boys at Zu Audio and see what they might do for you.
What Stevecham says: Mapleshade Double Helix.

This question sure gets asked a lot.

All the best,
Nonoise