The BEST system you've ever built !!!!

What is the best system that you have ever put together , from source to speakers including cables ??? After all the swaps and auditions I'm looking for the final "aahhh, that's the ticket" sound to you and what components took you to Audio Nirvana. {This is a survey of actual auditions, not what you read in a magazine} THANKS,
krellpower1
Not complicated or expensive. Redgum RGi120s integrated amplifier, Arcam Alpha 8 cd player, Soliloquy 6.3 loudspeakers, Kimber 4TC ( biwired, wbt banana @ amp end , Kimber postmaster @ speaker end), Acoustic Zen Matrix interconnects, Brooklyn Audio power cable @ amp. Very simple but very musical. I finally took the plunge and sent my home theater out to pasture. I am happy that I did. I will soon add a power cord to the cd player. I love listening to the music and not thinking about what I need to improve upon in my system.
Jhightower, I agree that the Wadia and SM-1 are a nice match, I used cardas golden reference interconnect, I own a 830, but looking to upgrade to a 860 or 861..how does the BAT match up?
The system I have today is the best I've done to date.
I'm kind of a tweaker so my equipment is all affordable (relatively) but has been pushed to it's best performance with modifications and tweaks. Today as my system stands I have the Sony SCD-1 with full Audiomod-UK modifications. Aloia pre-amp, two Aloia amps (bi-wired up/dn), Dunlavy IV-A speakers. I use 35 pound resonator plates on top of my speakers, pre-amp and bass amp. The equipment sits on Apollo rigid steel rack with no weight fill that is spiked to brass disks that sit on a wood floor. Neuance shelves are supported on upturned spikes mounted in the rack. I'm using Neuance under the SACD, pre-amp, both amps and the power conditioner. I have EAR footers under the pre-amp, mid/treble amp and power conditioner. The bass amp sits on Orchard Bay titanium cones with titanium disks. The SACD player sits on the factory footers. The Aloia power supplies are stacked on each other with the mid/treble supply on the bottom and the pre-amp on top, the whole stack sits on a Black Diamond Racing shelf. The mid/treble power supply then sits on BDR #3 cones, BDR #4 cones support the bass power supply and BDR #3 cones support the pre-amp power supply. I removed the large base supports from my speakers and have BDR #3 cones and BDR #3 pucks under each speaker, leaving the tweeter at 36 ½" above the floor. My power conditioner is now the Shunyata Hydra and I have all NBS Statement power cords except the pre-amp has a BMI Whale. I have a single dedicated 10 ga. circuit to a Hubble outlet. My interconnects are and have been in a state of flux. I've been experimenting with virtually all the brands. Today as I sit here I have Nordost Valhalla from the SCD-1 to a passive transformer that reduces digital artifacts and Valhalla from there to the pre-amp, NBS Statement to the mid/treble amp and Trinity to the bass amp. I'm using NBS Statement speaker cable both up and down and Walker Links on all speaker terminals.
I plan to switch to all Valhalla some day when I can afford to. First I need to sell some crap. The other change I hope to make some day is a Conrad-Johnson 16LS pre-amp. My room is 14' x 18' x 8' dedicated to the stereo. I am set up along the long wall with windows between the speakers (area if concern #1). I have bookshelves on the opposite wall and that is a good absorber. The side walls have a fireplace in one and french doors in the other (both very bad things). I have researched acoustics for the past year and a half and know what to do, now if I had the motivation.
J.D.
Within the year since I last posted, I've undergone a marital reconfiguration, part of which was selling off my entire system. I've since rebuilt a simple but actually better sounding system that hopefully I'll get to keep. Front end consists of an Audio Aero Capitole cdp sitting on a Machina Dynamica Nimbus isolation stand directly driving Tenor Audio 75WI OTL monoblock amps, obviating pre-amp, via cryo'd Jena Labs Pathfinder IC, Tenors driving Rockport Antares speakers via cryo'd Jena Labs Twin-19 SC's.Modified CFX-1 power conditioner and David Elrod PC's. Room is fully treated.
since my last post about a year ago i have gone through a number of upgrades to my current system which is the best system i have heard...i will qualify that statement by saying i have not been to a ces show but of the systems in other audiophiles' homes and at audio dealers, this is the best sound i have heard.......amps---tenor OTL 75 WI, speakers---piega P10, source--scd-1 (full audiocom mods), speaker cables---nordost 'valhalla', ic---currently audio tekne but will be auditioning valhalla and jena labs 'symphony' ic. the sound from this combo is nothing short of incredible.i also use a shunyata 'hydra', and 1-king cobra V2 pc and 2-python pcs.