Cheap tweaks...What would YOU reccomend?

Hey everyone, I am looking for some cheap tweaks, i just got done putting in a inner tube under my componets as an isolation device, and it works great. What else would you reccomend?..i am also thinking of an inner tube under the spkrs, with some sort of device to keep them stable. What do you think of Rf blockers..etc Please leave comments on your tweaks and how they turned out. i am looking forward to trying some. Thanks all
haoleb
Acorn nuts under speaker spikes
I was getting really tired of having my spikes scratching my floor every time I wanted to adjust speaker positioning or just angle them inward. I bought 8 small acorn nuts, local depot, put in some earthquake putty ( or museum putty ) into the acorn nut and under the spikes. They isolate very well and when moving or adjusting position of the speaker they stay on the spike....actually, they look pretty good too!
I have found that a half round tube trap works wonders when placed a couple of feet ahead and right in the centre of the speakers.It is almost like listening to headphones,may have something to do with the old ambisonic mindset.I know it flies in the face of audio mantra"put nothing between you and the speakers" but this seems to do the trick.I think it cancels out interchannel crosstalk between the right and left speaker.One thing is certain, the centre image is rock solid not diffuse.
Now the next fun tweek has been demagnetizing my cd and vinyl collection.Next up are demagging power, speaker and IC's.The demag is working so well,there are a half dozen guys right now out trying to source units.This is the most effective tweek yet and I have done almost all there is to do.Dedicated 30 amp runs of 10 guage wire, Furman IT 1220 balanced power conditioner, Shunyata Hydra 2,and Annaconda power cords,upscale Shunyata and Goertz IC and speaker cables,while all beneficial,the Hammond F 21 tape eraser has proven to be the most beneficial and one of the least costly.To hear a before and after on an lp can turn a non tweeker into a believer.
This is relatively expensive, but not in the context of other acoustic products for sale-Cathedral Sound Panels. For $179/pair, they make a big difference. I bought 4 pairs from Decible Gardens, who had a 20% off sale for repeat customers in July. Total cost to treat my room was $605. The last move I did today was to replace a bass trap that I thought was doing a good job in my problem corner(I already had 2 Cathedrals near the ceiling in that corner. The change that made was incredible! I tested it with Jackson Brown's, "The Naked Ride Home" cd(highly recommended). The increased detail coming from that corner put the bass trap to shame. Now there is some controversy about the Cathedral Sound Panels, including a useless graph claim. I bought before I heard about it. My suggestion to you is to try them, then decide. Doesn't one ASC tube trap cost $500-$600? I treated my whole room for that. One listen should be enough to decide.
Put teflon tape from ((WalMart)) around each of your fuse holders and on the whole glass part of the fuse and on all wiring inside your gear and on your ac plugs. This lowers the noise floor alot.........! A MUST TRY TWEAK...............................!
Hifisoundguy, very interesting. You know that the guys at MicroOmega think that insulation is of great detriment to sound. They would argue that putting teflon around anything is a no-no. But I will try what you suggest. How do you hold the teflon tape around the fuse?