Anyone compare the Earmax headphone amp

I've been thinking about upgrading my headphone amp. I currently use creek's obh-11 amp with the upgraded psu, a pair of sennheiser hd580's, and an arcam alpha7 cd player. I enjoy this setup but I have heard these phones sound better/different (especially with vocals and midrange detail) with other eguipment that was far out of my price range, and I'm hoping an amp would get me where I want to be. The earmax is just in my range at $575 US. plus it looks really cool. any suggestions
proud1
I own Senn HD580 and Grado RS2 cans and use the Creek OBH 11
amp in main system. Right now I am using RS2 straight from portable at my computer, sounds quite good!

I have considered Grado RA1 amp, and would be a step-up in sound from Creek, but battery cost can be significant over time. I believe Grado requires two 9 volt batteries ($6-7)for 40hrs use, I would need to change at least once a month
for annual cost of $70+

If you like tubes the Antique Audio MG Head amp is very cheap retail $279 and looks very cool, here is picture:
www.divertech.com/mgheaddt.html
I might get one just because they look cool!
You might want to look into the Earmax Pro instead. It has increased drive capability and better parts.

I have not heard the regular Earmax but the Pro version definitely doesn't have a problem with bass extension - it goes right to the bottom. It also kills everything below $700 IMO.

The MG-Head DT is good for the price but the Earmax Pro is far, far, better.
I've not heard the Earmax Pro (but it appears I should!) but the regular Earmax was simply too colored for me to enjoy fully. However, tubes themselves don't seem to be the problem since I use a Mesa Tigris integrated tube amp for my head amp. It used to serve full duty but I upgraded pre and power with no headphone socket in the pre. So I kept the Mesa because it works so well with the Senn 600's! Gotta check out that Earmax Pro! I do use the Trimax monoblock tubed power amps so am familiar with what that company can do. 25 class A watts of pure bliss!